PB2 - Now what?

Options
I've heard about this PB2 for a couple of years now. I just bought it. NOW WHAT??!!! :)
What can I, what do i do with it? How does it taste? I normally put a little Natural Peanut Butter
on a graham cracker, will it taste about the same??!!!

Replies

• missashley884
    missashley884 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    i like to toss a tablespoon or two into my chocolate protein shakes.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about adding some to light cream cheese for graham crackers.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Personally for me it will never replace all natural peanut butter.... I have used PB2 in my protein shake but that has been about it for me.....
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Stir a tablespoon into some nonfat greek yogurt along with some fresh strawberries – PB&J yogurt!
  • nmf0787
    nmf0787 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I use it for my shakes in the morning, to dip my apples in, on toast, anything. I love it!
  • MallorieGreiner
    MallorieGreiner Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    More like what CAN'T you do with PB2....

I bake with it all the time. Stir it in oatmeal. Mix it into cream to put on toast, english muffins, etc. Sprinkle it on popcorn. Etc.
  • stratusphr
    stratusphr Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    All GREAT ideas. I am sooooo excited that I finally am giving it a try. Graham crackers with Natural Peanut Butter is 'my snack'. I eat a full cracker with some on it two, some times three times per day! With peanut butter at 100 calories for ONE tablespoon, I actually measure out about a quarter of a TB each time. Tooooo many caories to radomly smear it on!!! I've cut my husband back when he has PBJ sandwiches, I bet I was using 4 TB per sandwich, and jelly on top of that....and two slices of bread. That is high calorie for a sandwich!!! I will not use this for his sandwiches, but he takes Green yogurt, non fat, plain....to work every day. He'd like this with a banana in it, I am sure of it.

Thanks y'all!!! :bigsmile:
  • halleymw
    halleymw Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I take the pb2 and mix it with sugar free jelly for pb&j.
    Mike
  • c3nterstage
    Options
    mix it in a bowl of oatmeal - most filling breakfast ever
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I freeze a banana. Mix 2 tbsp of PB2 with 1 tbsp of water. Put it all in a blender. BAM
    Or I use the above PB2 mixture and dip pretzel sticks in it.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    It's good in oatmeal for sure
  • jazzcat55
    jazzcat55 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Tons of recipes on their web site:

http://www.bellplantation.com/recipes
  • _rozamu
    _rozamu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I totally need to get me some!
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    OK what is this PB2? I'm in Australia and never seen it anywhere.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to use it is in a bowl of oatmeal (usually steel cut). It's also tasty in protein smoothies made with banana and milk. I also like to use it in some baked goods (adds protein and a nice flavor). Personally I can't stand it in Greek yogurt :( The flavors of the tangy yogurt and savory peanut butter just don't mix well to me.

And for a truly decadent snack, if I have the fats left for the day, I'll mix one tablespoon of natural peanut butter, one tablespoon of PB2, and one teaspoon of honey. Stir them together and then form a ball. It's like eating the inside of a Reese's peanut butter cup.
  • FourOneThreeX
    FourOneThreeX Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you're in Australia, LeanAlternative now stocks PB2 (original and chocolate).

http://www.leanalternative.com.au/products/bell-plantation-pb2-original-powdered-peanut-butter

Hope this helps!