I MADE IT TO THE 100'S !!! 83 LBS DOWN !!!

Options
meggyshae
meggyshae Posts: 357 Member
2hmd17q.jpg

I HAVE HIT MY HUGE MILESTONE!! I have entered ONEderland!! I am officially out of the 200's, never to be seen again!

I HAVE LOST 83 LBS AND 81 INCHES !!!! (so far..hehe)

Here is my story:

A little less than 7 months ago I had a defining moment in my life that has forever changed me. I still remember the afternoon of September 10, 2012, when I had hit my breaking point and could not go on another day living the way I was and I still remember how broken down and defeated I had become. However that day was the day that I made the best decision I ever made. The decision to my Aunt T that day, with tears in my eyes, telling her that I needed help and that I wanted to change, I wanted to lose weight. I didn't realize at that time that I deserved to be happy and that it would ever be possible to be considered a healthy, NON OBESE person!

My aunt has been my saving grace throughout this journey and one thing she said to me really resonated with me, and I quote, "Damn right it’s scary to live in a world where for so long you have been looking in the window of that world, never believing you were deserving enough to belong to that world. It takes grit to keep going no matter what the situation. The determination to complete each task, to dig deep when your body says no more and your mind will override your body and say just a few more." This hit home when I stepped onto the scale this morning and it read 198.6 lbs. As the tears were streaming down my face I remembered what it took to get to this point..all the blood, sweat, and tears and refusing to give up when I felt my body wanted to be defeated.

I have been over 200 lbs my entire 20's and for my weight to be under that for the first time since I was 19, is overwhelming! I had always just accepted the fact that these were the cards I was dealt and I was just destined to be fat forever. But that is not the case, I am living proof that if you dig deep enough to find your inner strength and never give up or allow yourself to make excuses for being miserable, anything is truly possible.

Although I have lost 83 lbs so far, I have gained so much more in my inner strength and love for myself. I now know what it's like to be truly happy with the person I see staring back at me in the mirror in the morning. I see the new Megan, the girl that fights with everything she has because nothing will stop her, and as my aunt says, "my smile now matches my eyes". I have that spark back; that will to live the best life I can; the outlook on life that I can achieve anything I put my mind to. No fad diet or magic pill got me to where I am today… just a bunch of hard *kitten* work and determination to never be defeated! This is my time, my year!! And I'm not even finished yet!!! :D WATCH OUT WORLD!!!

Replies

• ALittlePixieDust
    ALittlePixieDust Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are truely an inspiration!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    *Note that people should right-click her photo and choose "view image" (or similar depending on the browser) to see the full before/after*

You look PHENOMENAL!!

Great great job!!

Edited to add: Is that dress from Old Navy? It looks AMAZING on you :). I think I may have to go try that one on!
  • FUELERDUDE
    FUELERDUDE Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    This is inspiring and touching! It sounds like you have a great supporter in your aunt, and you have great will and determination. You deserve to feel happy.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great job, I'm sure you feel amazing!
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    congrats! i remember when i dropped below 200. i promised myself never again would i approach 200, and i have kept that promise.
  • jonathanharwood
    jonathanharwood Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great job! Your a wonderful inspiration!
  • JewelSmith
    JewelSmith Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!
  • meggyshae
    Options
    *Note that people should right-click her photo and choose "view image" (or similar depending on the browser) to see the full before/after*

You look PHENOMENAL!!

Great great job!!

Edited to add: Is that dress from Old Navy? It looks AMAZING on you :). I think I may have to go try that one on!

Yes it is actually!! and thank you so much!!!
  • meggyshae
    Options
    congrats! i remember when i dropped below 200. i promised myself never again would i approach 200, and i have kept that promise.

good for you!!! and thank you!
  • jude4247
    jude4247 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story. You truly are inspiring. Be proud of yourself and keep on loving yourself. You are doing fantastic. I have only been doing MFP for 3 weeks and I have had moments when I wanted to give up (like this weekend.) I keep saying to myself "I will persist. I will succeed." And I'm a very stubborn person so I hope that "this time" I have hit my rock bottom and realize I have to make these changes for me. To live the life I was meant to live instead of sitting on the sidelines, too exhausted and too ashamed to participate in life.

I, too live for the day when I finally reach "Onederland." I have not seen that on the scale since the mid 90's.

Keep it up, you really inspire me.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS----how proud is everyone around you!!!! Continued success with your new way of living and eating :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • noe117
    noe117 Posts: 18
    Options
    Congrats! Such an amazing feeling! You are a great inspiration!!!!
  • moodyshannon15
    moodyshannon15 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    What a great inspiration!!! Congratulations!!
  • heidihorton
    heidihorton Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It's the best feeling in the world to know that you achieved a goal you set for yourself when the easy way was to quit!! You are amazing! I remember seeing that 199 on the scale and I cheered and cried ! Keep it up!
  • meggyshae
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story. You truly are inspiring. Be proud of yourself and keep on loving yourself. You are doing fantastic. I have only been doing MFP for 3 weeks and I have had moments when I wanted to give up (like this weekend.) I keep saying to myself "I will persist. I will succeed." And I'm a very stubborn person so I hope that "this time" I have hit my rock bottom and realize I have to make these changes for me. To live the life I was meant to live instead of sitting on the sidelines, too exhausted and too ashamed to participate in life.

I, too live for the day when I finally reach "Onederland." I have not seen that on the scale since the mid 90's.

Keep it up, you really inspire me.

Thank you so much!! And you can do it..just one day at a time and never stop believing in yourself! You DESERVE to be happy! Good luck!
  • meggyshae
    Options
    It's the best feeling in the world to know that you achieved a goal you set for yourself when the easy way was to quit!! You are amazing! I remember seeing that 199 on the scale and I cheered and cried ! Keep it up!

Thanks so much!!! It's the best feeling ever!! :D
  • Luckyshan89
    Luckyshan89 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congrats
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lucy529
    lucy529 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    WOW !!!!! your story really brought tears to my eyes, I too have always been over weight and have just hit my lowest ever after losing 30lbs but seem to have gotten stuck there to the point where i sometimes think am meant to big. BUT.... reading your story has given me new hope that i can go on and keep on with what am doing with time and effort i will make it to my goal. Again congrats you look great and the above poster is right you look great in that dress. thanks for sharing :)
  • jessifreehugs
    jessifreehugs Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! Congratulations on the weight loss and on realizing you that are worth every good thing that's coming your way. Your story is touching, and I wish you all the happiness in the world!!!
  • brilynn79
    brilynn79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Awesome:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!