Am i really that size?

Options

Replies

• AddyMaeMomma
    AddyMaeMomma Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 137lbs and just now got into a size 6 in old navy brand slim fit pants. I think they do vanity sizing a bit, but I am NOT complaining! Just be excited!
  • charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    Options

I weigh 160-162 and I wear a size 8, sometimes a 6/10... just depends on the brand.. accept it :)

I find this extremely hard to believe...are you taller than 5'6'' and are you talking about UK sizes?

Why hard to believe? I'm 5'8" 157-160 pounds and I'm a small size 6.

Because i dont see how two people who are the same weight and height can be 4 clothes sizes apart, unless as i mentioned further on , one has a lean, athletic body.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options

I weigh 160-162 and I wear a size 8, sometimes a 6/10... just depends on the brand.. accept it :)

I find this extremely hard to believe...are you taller than 5'6'' and are you talking about UK sizes?

Why hard to believe? I'm 5'8" 157-160 pounds and I'm a small size 6.

Because i dont see how two people who are the same weight and height can be 4 clothes sizes apart, unless as i mentioned further on , one has a lean, athletic body.

The post above yours is someone who is the same exact height as me and near 10 pounds lighter, however I just got into a size 4 in two seperate brands and other times wear a 6. i do not have an athletic body by ANY MEANS, last time tested it was 29% BF and she looks to be in really good shape. However, it is where we carry our weight that determines what size we can wear, so yes I can see that being a possibility. My sister is two inches taller than me, the same weight, and wears 3 sizes bigger. You would think being TALLER her size would be SMALLER. Everyone is shaped differently, therefore fit in different sizes at different weights!
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    OP, congrats on getting into a smaller size... I know sometimes it can be hard to believe the progress we have made, but just be proud of where you are at and keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I've been on both sides of this. I am 5'4" and 163--I wear an 8. Twenty years ago, I weighed 145 and wore a 10. When I was younger, I didn't work out at all--definitely not strength training! I know this is comparing apples to apples, as I have a size 10 linen dress that I purchased in 1994 that was too small then. I put it on last week and it was big.

I don't know why I kept that dress, but it sure has helped me compare the difference in my body, now that I am doing strength training.

Don't worry about the weight--it is all about the measurements and how your body feels. Great luck on your journey!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Sizes aren't consistent. I have a pair of size 14 jeans that fall off me without a belt and a pair of size 16 that are snug.
  • bellevie86
    bellevie86 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    So i'm a 5ft 6 female and i've lost 31lbs (2st 3lbs)

I currently weigh 167lbs (11st 13lbs) and used to weigh 198lbs (14st 2lbs)

I used to be a UK dress size 16 (US 12) but then i recently found myself fitting into my old UK 14's (US 10)

however, after dropping the last 5lbs I went shopping and found myself fitting into size 12's (US 8)
    sometimes they were a bit tight but they fitted nevertheless.

i feel like i weigh too much to be able to be this size and part of me wonders if maybe i'm just kidding myself??

Any thoughts on this and has anyone has similar experiences?

WOW, you and I aqre very similiar....I started at 200 and am now 168....and I'm 5'6. I am also a size 10. Some days I feel skinny, and some days I feel like I am right back at 200. I am happy with my progress and as long as I can maintain I'd be happy. If you fit the clothes then I don't see the point. It also has everything to do with your body composition right? Fat Vs. Muscle.
  • smartandtrim
    smartandtrim Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Same way here- at 115lbs, I was a US size 6. Now at 135, I'm a size 4. I don't know what happened... maybe my body shape changed?
  • charliemarie923
    Options
    Same way here- at 115lbs, I was a US size 6. Now at 135, I'm a size 4. I don't know what happened... maybe my body shape changed?

Did you lose inches of fat but gain weight in muscle?
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    At 5'7.5", and 152 pounds, I'm mostly in a 6.

I am 5'6", 134#, 26% body fat and a size 8. And some of my 10s still fit. ( but I have wide hips...I blame my 3 boys)
    I have decently wide hips to - I blame my two girls for that. Also around 21% body fat
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    It's not impossible.. I am 166/167lbs and a size 6. My BF is 24%.. all depends too on the fabric and brand you buy. Especially to us ladies with children, sometimes genetics are not so kind and you have to buy dresses, pants that don't exaggerate the lower tummy troubles that seem to plague many of us hehe.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options

I used to be a UK dress size 16 (US 12) but then i recently found myself fitting into my old UK 14's (US 10)

however, after dropping the last 5lbs I went shopping and found myself fitting into size 12's (US 8)

i feel like i weigh too much to be able to be this size and part of me wonders if maybe i'm just kidding myself??

I am 5'6'' and it's US sizing (well I am in Canada, but anyways)
    And it's true... I also wear a small/medium top! and I have a gross twin belly that is getting hacked off later this year... sooooo I would be smaller then!
  • charliemarie923
    Options

And it's true... I also wear a small/medium top! and I have a gross twin belly that is getting hacked off later this year... sooooo I would be smaller then!

Ahhh now you say US sizing it makes more sense!!
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Dropping clothing sizes was so much fun during my weight loss journey.

Enjoy!!!!
  • kimad
    Options

Well I was wondering why you wouldn't believe me!! I was a bit confused :) I have NO IDEA how UK sizing works :)
  • charliemarie923
    Options

Well I was wondering why you wouldn't believe me!! I was a bit confused :) I have NO IDEA how UK sizing works :)

According to the internet, UK sizes are roughly 2 sizes bigger than US sizes (the number i mean) so your US size 8 would be a UK size 12...a size 8 in the UK is a size 2 US ...which is why i was like what???!!! lol
  • kimad
    Options

According to the internet, UK sizes are roughly 2 sizes bigger than US sizes (the number i mean) so your US size 8 would be a UK size 12...a size 8 in the UK is a size 2 US ...which is why i was like what???!!! lol

I carry 30 lbs in my boobs? HEHE!!!!!
  • charliemarie923
    Options

How on earth do you know that? Im kinda scared to know the answer, but intrigued...did you just plop them on the scales ? LOL
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I think it's definitely possibe :) I'm 5'4", and when I was about 160-165lbs, I was about a UK 12 ^_^ Now I'm around 150lbs, and I'm a pretty comfortable UK 10 ^^ I have a *cough* sizeable *kitten* (when compared to the rest of my body), so I don't know if I would fit into UK10 pants, but definitely fitting in UK10 dresses ;)
  • kimad
    Options

How on earth do you know that? Im kinda scared to know the answer, but intrigued...did you just plop them on the scales ? LOL

I was kidding... that's why the ? after the comment :) I was just trying to figure out how I could be 160 and fit in a US size 2 LOL