30 day shred...dare to be shredded?

Options
I am going to try the 30 day shred challenge starting today. I have done the workout out a couple times before, but not for 30 days. If anyone wants to join in reply that you are going to do it too.

Well, I am getting off here and starting the shred!

Replies

• TheBestMe
    TheBestMe Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I get married in 40 days and would love to at least not have bat wings for my wedding!!!

Let the shredding begin!
  • ATJune
    ATJune Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    count me in!!! i started working out only yest.. :)
  • JJKennedy1
    JJKennedy1 Posts: 11
    Options
    Count me in! I just started day 1 this morning.
  • fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    thank god - i NEED to get back to this!!! Today I shall swim with my daughter and then shred when the kids are in bed! awesome!! can't wait to get shredded!!!!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I did my third Shred workout last night. I've tried in the past but didn't stick with it. I won't be doing it every day because I'm not home every day, but will be consistent as I can!
  • AnneODell
    AnneODell Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm starting the 30-day shred on Thursday! July 1-July 30th. I'm excited, I tried to start last Tuesday but I sprained my ankle later that night. So I figured I'll be healed by Thursday and what a great way to spend the month of July, and a pretty little countdown. I might try to up my cardio by adding a mile or two as it progresses. I also downloaded the Jillian Michaels' App for Ipod Touch, we'll see how that goes! Feel free to join me.
  • Bethany28
    Bethany28 Posts: 263
    Options
    So glad you all are joining me! I just did workout 1 level 1! It was tough, but I made it through!!

AnneODell~ I will still be doing other workouts as well, I run every night was only doing 1 mile, but did 3 last night. So, I am trying to do the shred and run 3 miles a night for the next 30 days! My daughters first birthday is on the 23rd of July and we are having her party on the 24th. I am hoping to wear a cute little summer dress by then...we will see if this routine allows me to do so!
  • Bethany28
    Options
    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'M IN !!!

I started it last week but only did it for 2 days. I'm gonna start all over tonight :-)
  • nannweeks
    nannweeks Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! I will begin tonight! :smile:
  • DivaMuscle
    DivaMuscle Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ditto - I started yesterday. Too scared to look at level 2 in case Jillian scares me off completely! - Bit worried my knees are already hurting a bit though... anyone else got the same problem? I'm hoping it's because I did an hour of Zumba yesterday as well.
  • Bethany28
    Options
    I haven't had any knee pain from this...hopefully it is from teh Zumba then so you can keep shredding!
  • fearlessfatty
    Options
    i did level 1 tonight! and i am learning to run to do a 5k this september so i also walk/jogged for 30 minutes earlier today (about 1.5 miles)! Her side lunges with arm raises are BRUTAL!!

but, i did it!! see you all tomorrow for day 2!!! and we are well on our way to being shredded!!

:happy: :happy: :happy: :wink: :wink: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I have thought about doing this many times.. I think this is the push I need!! Something to motivate me for the month of July. I am going to Walmart to pick up some photos so I will hope they have the DVD in stock.

What happens if you have to miss a day? For example.. I know I am going away camping this weekend and there will be no access to a T.V. Should I just continue level one for "12 days" instead of 10 so i get in 10 days of level 1? Than on the 13th day move to level 2?
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    What happens if you have to miss a day? For example.. I know I am going away camping this weekend and there will be no access to a T.V. Should I just continue level one for "12 days" instead of 10 so i get in 10 days of level 1? Than on the 13th day move to level 2?

I, too, am not able to do it every day, so I'm just going to make sure I get 10 workouts done at each level, even though it will take me more than 30 days.

shanbuffy: Congrats on Day 2. Those side lunges with arm raises are the WORST part of the entire DVD, in my opinion. I can do about half of them with 2 lb. weights, which is better than the five I could do the last time I tried doing Shred!

I completed workout #4 last night, but burned almost 30 fewer calories. I'm going to take that as a sign that my body is already adapting. Yay!
  • Bethany28
    Options
    Life sometimes complicates things for us, so if you can't do it every day don't worry about it. Just don't slack off, next time you can DO it. On the days you can't do it maybe do a few of the moves from the dvd where ever you are like some jumping jacks and some squats and presses without the weights or do some pushups and situps. Good luck all!
  • TheBestMe
    TheBestMe Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Ok guys, wasn't able to start last night (grocery shopping, mowing the lawn, and dog walking) but tonight is night 1 for me I promise!!!
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Bethany: So true! I won't be able to Shred this weekend, but will be swimming, hiking, horseback riding, playing mini-golf, etc. My next day to potentially Shred will be Wednesday (sad!), but I promise I won't slack off then.

TheBestMe: Good luck with Day 1!
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    I think I need to join too! I have been slacking the last couple months I have tried the shred a few times, but not consistantly. I will start tonight, but may have to wait until Monday to pick it up again, heading out of town tomorrow for the long weekend :bigsmile:
  • fearlessfatty
    Options
    just thought I'd share - I went grocery shopping and EVERY time I leaned to put something under the cart or get something from under the cart, the sides of my butt hollered at me!! Definitely feeling the side lunges and squats today!! lol