Words that make you cringe!

Options

Replies

• AliandTrev
    AliandTrev Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hubster, Hubbs, etc both drive me batty. I have to agree with Journey it seems everyone is on some sort of "journey" lately.

Oh and prolly it's not even a word it is probably!
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    SO tired of "spot on".
  • angiebubbly
    Options
    Using "their" and "there" in the wrong context and "pacifically" instead of "specifically"!!!

Grrrrr!!!! great forum for venting this, feel better now that I have typed it up :)
  • DMB147
    DMB147 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I kno ryte! Its lyke r children fogot how ta spell. I yell at people who do this. ther totally idiots fer shur
  • starfishme81
    starfishme81 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Weight related: loose/lose and journey.

Non weight related: Yolo makes me want to commit random acts of violence, and a reply of "k" to a text message I send to someone makes me twitch. :explode:

Same here with the YOLO & K. It is just lazy!
    Moist, fresh and the term six of one, half a dozen of the other send me into orbit as well!:mad:
    Along with preggo and someone asking,"Is that on your diet? or "Should you be eating that?" :grumble:
  • LeonorMG
    LeonorMG Posts: 93
    Options
    Monday
    Diet
    Study
    No
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I kno ryte! Its lyke r children fogot how ta spell. I yell at people who do this. ther totally idiots fer shur

:laugh: OMG! lyke, I am TOTALEE falling out of my chair LOLZ at thys!
  • jgcurry3
    jgcurry3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Proprietary blend, steroid like, the phrase "but Dr. Oz said..."
  • Oppy4722
    Oppy4722 Posts: 9
    Options
    Ok, whats onderland?

Onederland is the term for losing enough weight to put you into the 100's... albeit cute the first time you hear it, it gets old fast.

The words that get me most often are "supposably" instead of "supposedly" and "renember"

Also, I know it isn't a word but when people say "I could care less" when they mean "I couldn't care less." ugh. I've given up even trying to explain that to people- they usually just wind up confused.
  • MsKriss281
    MsKriss281 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Conversate

This just about makes my head explode every single time it is uttered by some moron. :explode:

Also, I hate when someone uses 'spacific' instead of 'specific' in reference to specific gravities, my eye starts twitching. :noway:
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Your. As in "Your hot!" :indifferent:

Ur is even worse. Oh, and lil instead of little.
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    They're, there, and their used out of context. -.-
  • kdlepage
    kdlepage Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hate the comment "at least you didn't gain"
  • freshvl
    freshvl Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Nothing to do with weight loss but two words I hate are 'moist' and 'flange' I'm squirming just having to write them :sick:

I hate a dirty flange
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Hawt.

:sick:
  • JessiC1984
    JessiC1984 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    ones that are spelled incorrectly. My mother typed "diffanitely" to me today...
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Issues -
    No one has problems or trouble anymore. They all have issues.

The phrase "At the end of the day" bla bla bla..At the end of the day, I don't really care about most of the day. I'm going to bed!

The phrase "Having said that" bla bla again...You already said it, I don't need you to re-say it in a different form!

This is a good post and now since it is the end of the day and I got to say it, I'm going to bed! :flowerforyou:
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Fawk.

Hate. it.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Hubby
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    A lot of good people who I like use these words. But I hate them.

Shiz
    Beech
    Beetch
    azz

dude, if you want to use a dirty word just use it.