Irrational/Random/Funny Fears?

Options

Replies

• manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I hate having te window down in the car as I find the wind suffocating and I can't breathe. Also incase a spider crawls in.

I can't touch velvet, it makes me dry retch.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Funny, I was just going over this in my head before I went out on my walk. Every time I pull any piece of clothing out of my closet I am terrified that some vicious bug or spider will be hiding in one of the arms or pockets. I have to smash and rub the fabric together (to squish anything) then slowly reach my hand in. Sometimes I'll have my boyfriend check, because apparently i'm not so concerned if he gets bit by a devil spider. And it's only closet stuff, I dont' feel the same if I pull it out of my dresser.

I do the same with shoes.

Also, I'm always nervous that my hairdryer is going to send a spark out and light my hair on fire.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Elevators. I absolutely hate them! Ever since I saw Ghost Dad (yeah, the old Cosby movie) when I was a kid, I can't do them. I am always afraid the cables are going to snap and down I go!

Omg, I had a nightmare about being trapped in a falling elevator recently. I thought my heart was going to explode when I woke up! Scary ****!
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    butterflies. I can't stand them. I once had a giant monarch stick to my finger and have hated them ever since. And also blowing up balloons. Refuse to do it. lol
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Elevators. I absolutely hate them! Ever since I saw Ghost Dad (yeah, the old Cosby movie) when I was a kid, I can't do them. I am always afraid the cables are going to snap and down I go!

There's at least 3 safety mechanisms elevators have if all (there's more then one) of the cables break. If falling in an elevator shaft is how I'm supposed to die, I figure I would have had a heart attack if I took the stairs.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Reminds me, one of my most absurd phobias is to walk out the door with the tag still on on a piece of new clothing. I have to check every item several times to make sure I did not forget to take the tag off. I guess it goes back to fear of new clothes. Ridiculous!
  • letterfromthesky
    Options
    butterflies. I can't stand them. I once had a giant monarch stick to my finger and have hated them ever since. And also blowing up balloons. Refuse to do it. lol

I hate balloons, too. Mostly because i hate the sound they make when they pop. No good!
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Options
    yep - me too! I remember seeing a striptease in which the "lady" popped balloons that were attached all over her body and I told my hubby that would be my idea of he!!.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Another one is Going Crazy.
    I feel like I could snap most days at the most foolish shizz.
    For instance I'll be driving and singing a song all happy and some idiot will almost cause an accident, and I flip
    Ive been known to get out of my car and whip serious mouth at ppl for bad driving. Otherwise known as Road rage.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options

Omg, I had a nightmare about being trapped in a falling elevator recently. I thought my heart was going to explode when I woke up! Scary ****!

http://youtu.be/7N5OhNplEd4

if this doesnt show you that you shouldnt be scared of elevators im not sure what will
  • Cp731
    Options
    Getting arrested.
    Going To Jail for Life.
    I have the temper of a maniac.
    Its frightening.
    Its too easy to get a life sentence.
  • Cp731
    Options
    Dying in my sleep.
    I never want to go to sleep.
    I fight every minute and I watch the clock.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

http://youtu.be/7N5OhNplEd4

if this doesnt show you that you shouldnt be scared of elevators im not sure what will

I LOVE THAT! I also cried a little. But laughed! And cringed. LOL!
  • Cp731
    Options
    That I will have to work out for the rest of my life to keep my slamming body.
    Im actually very lazy.
    Id rather have my shizz handed to me.
    I can admit that
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Cotton Balls. Touching them makes me feel nauseous :sick:
    Gah even looking at them gives me goosebumps...weird right? :huh:
  • andrea464
    andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Bees. I should consider having bees follow me during my runs because I'd PR. :)

I also have to be the driver. Unless I'm exhausted or have been drinking, I'm driving. I hate being a passenger. Partially b/c driving gives me something to do, but also because I'm terrified that I will die in a car crash and I feel a slightly bigger sense of control when I'm behind the wheel.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Options
    Cotton Balls. Touching them makes me feel nauseous :sick:
    Gah even looking at them gives me goosebumps...weird right? :huh:

LMAO!!! OMG - me too!! I HATE them! So, along with that feeling is another thing that makes me cringe - when you get out of the pool and walk and your feet start to dry on the concrete. UGH! It's like the feeling of cotton balls. All dry and unfriendly.
  • CheriLMT
    CheriLMT Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Another one is Going Crazy.
    I feel like I could snap most days at the most foolish shizz.
    For instance I'll be driving and singing a song all happy and some idiot will almost cause an accident, and I flip
    Ive been known to get out of my car and whip serious mouth at ppl for bad driving. Otherwise known as Road rage.
    Thats not crazy..I would know..I am diagnosed crazy
    Crazy seeps in very slowly where you can't see yourself change until its too late and your in the psych unit with all the other crazies for 5th time in a month....True Story
    Oh yeah...and being alone
  • Cp731
    Options
    Omg, Thank you..Cheri

But I still feel crazy
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    My stomach still drops a little when I walk over those utility grates in city sidewalks. When I was a kid I was sure if I walked on one it would collapse and swallow me.