For anyone beating themselves up for overeating on Easter...

Options
For anyone who is beating themselves up over eating too much on Easter:

We eat right and exercise 95% of the time so that overeating once in a blue moon doesn't hurt our progress. Remember that one bad day never made anyone fat just like one good day never made anyone thin.

Just pick back up and keep going. One pound at a time!

Replies

• SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

QFT. The moment we get hung up on food to the extent that we can't enjoy celebrations like Easter and Christmas is the moment the battle lines are drawn ;)

I like food and it's not the enemy. Once you get your head into that mindset cravings and overeating end.

Having said that, I'm going to have a longer run than usual tomorrow to partly offset the cake and beer over the weekend!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Agreed - good reminder!
  • joliefrijole
    Options

We eat right and exercise 95% of the time so that overeating once in a blue moon doesn't hurt our progress. Remember that one bad day never made anyone fat just like one good day never made anyone thin.

Thank you for this. I gained two lbs over the weekend (it was my anniversary weekend to boot!), but today I was right back on my Curves Complete and did the circuit and Zumba. This too shall pass....
  • thunderwoods
    thunderwoods Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this - although I didn't 'fall off'....I drove it off the cliff!

However, for the record I blame my mother in law...perhaps you saw her flying around on her broom...lol!
  • lqmustang
    lqmustang Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I made Easter a day I didn't care about calories. I made homemade waffles with bacon for me and the kids, lunch was reasonable, but then dinner was a big get together with the family. I ate everything, went back for a little more, then made sure I had my fill of the fantastic desserts that were available including the cheescake that I made. Probably had 4500 cals on the day. It was just one day. I enjoyed it. Today is back to normal eating until the next big family event. I'll admit tho that I did make sure to get a good Insanity workout in to help offset the day a little bit.
  • ttomasovich
    ttomasovich Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i was plateauing for a while and they say to avoid starvation mode is to eat slightly more than your target for a couple of days, well sat and sunday took care of that so we'll see what happens back on the wagon for the rest of the week.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i was plateauing for a while and they say to avoid starvation mode is to eat slightly more than your target for a couple of days, well sat and sunday took care of that so we'll see what happens back on the wagon for the rest of the week.

if you are eating regularly you can't be in starvation mode..that only happens when you eat nothing for 72 hours...
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I find the 80/20 rule more maintainable. If I were to be trying to eat 'clean' 95% of the time, I would end up binging, unfortunately.
    Easter was a disaster for me. But I am back on my usual track, just about.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I've been messing up too much lately... and definitely messed up this past several days. Luckily, though, I haven't gained back... and, I'm going to get back on track from this point on.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Beating myself up has definitely been my problem. The more I beat myself up, the more I fall back down.
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options

However, for the record I blame my mother in law...perhaps you saw her flying around on her broom...lol!

GASP! Are YOU my long lost sister in law? :drinker:
  • N4monsters
    N4monsters Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I also drove off the cliff this weekend...Saturday and Sunday were HELL in an Easter basket (pun intended). Definitely using this week to undo what I did and then this next weekend not left myself get as vulnerable like I did this last weekend. That is my mini goal.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options

I am always saying this!!