240 LBS - 217 and still going (first post)

Options
jxchambe
jxchambe Posts: 49 Member
What a difference 23 lbs! I believe that my face even looks totally different when I am thinner.

How I got to the weight I started at:
When my wife got pregnant in April 2011, I gain 40 pounds within that 9 months. I went from 200lbs to 240(my heaviest!). Ironically my wife actually weighed less after she gave birth than before she got pregnant. I however, packed on enough weight for the both of us. I tried dieting after the birth of my daughter but never got below 228. Unfortunately, I didn't stick with it and gained it all back.

The reason for the change:

My children:
One of the reasons I decided to lose weight was so I could be a better influence on my kids when they get to the age of awareness for weight. It would be hard to convince them to make better choices and stay fit if I were overweight. Also I wanted to have the energy to run around with them and play without tiring out easy.

Myself:
I knew I had to make a change when within the last few months my self esteem plummeted! I literally began to avoid looking at myself in the mirror. If I had my shirt off and had to go into the bathroom to brush my teeth or shower I would keep the light off and my head down so I wouldn't have to see myself. That was the main thing that bothered me about being so big (along with the other things that come with being over weight). Even the clothes I thought looked good on me considering my weight, were no longer looking good. That is when I knew that it was out of control.

These were all taken around the same time (December 2012).

facebook_139790620jpg_zpsdc189381.jpg

facebook_1843148935jpg_zpsecd3fcb0.jpg

Copyof2012-12-25_13-04-23_572_zpsca74187f.jpg

The rewards:
I started in mid January and have so far lost 23 LBS and went from a size 40 jeans and can now fit into a 36.

The pic with my daughter was about a week before my son was born. The pic with my son was taken in NICU on March 12, 2013.

540887_4760610218037_37018899_n_zps96e23428.jpg

ResizedImage_1363053806682_zps2df33cc8.jpg

That is my story. Thanks for reading. My goal weight is 200 LBS (once I get there I will probably adjust it in order to lose more weight)

Replies

• miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Keep up the awesome work!!!!!
  • BrennLinn
    BrennLinn Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job! You can definatley tell a difference. My hubby also gained more weight than me during my second pregnancy lol!
  • gregr072
    gregr072 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congrats and thanks for sharing! I have lost about 5 pounds, I started at 236 and working to get down to 198. Its a slow process but its so nice to see its doable!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Startling difference for the lbs lost! Hope you can happily look in the mirror again! Sure your wife and kids will appreciate you being healthy and happy too! Congrats!
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Beautiful family. Great job on your progress so far. Your family is lucky to have someone like you who wants to look good and be healthy for them. Keep up the great work.
  • tigermom12
    Options
    You look wonderful! Keep up the great work. You have a beautiful family too!
  • LusciousLady
    LusciousLady Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great job...Keep up the good work!
  • jxchambe
    Options
    Thank y'all!
  • bamshunny
    bamshunny Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! You've done an amazing job in such a short amount of time! You don't have to tell but is your son going to be okay?
  • jxchambe
    Options
  • jxchambe
    Options
    Thank you Bamshunny! Yes he is going to be fine. He had some fluid in his lungs due to being born through C-section. A few other minor issues developed due to his stay in NICU but it looks like we will be able to take him home either today or tomorrow. He has been in there 11 days. We are keeping our fingers crossed that today is the day. Thank you for asking!
  • bamshunny
    bamshunny Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    :) Obviously I don't know y'all but that makes me incredibly happy to know he'll be able to come home soon! I had to leave my second child for just one night extra due to needing the bili lights but I couldn't imagine how y'all must feel having to leave your baby for so many days in a row.

Anyway man, keep up the good work and I know in no time you'll be at goal! Oh and congrats for your new baby as well!
  • jxchambe
    Options
    Thank you! We got to bring him home that night. Its amazing that a baby who was in NICU for breathing problems can scream so loud! lol. He has been home for 2 weeks now and he is doing great.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    you don't even look like the same person! amazing in only 23lbs!! bests to you and your family!
  • newme2105
    newme2105 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss.... Good source of motivation too - the kids. Glad your baby is doing okay
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    wow, it does make a huge difference, your face it is instant!!!! Congrats and keep it coming!
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Options
    Great job! Congratulations:smile:
  • jxchambe
    Options
    Thank you
  • mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Congratulations on two very beautiful babies!
  • momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the birth of your son! Your little girl is a cutie too!

You are looking great! Congrats on the loss!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!