scales?

Options
anikab
anikab Posts: 150 Member
So when I went to the dr. 2 weeks ago the scale said 158, but a few days later MY scale said 155, and has consistently since, then I was at the gym today and the dang scale said 158 again! Is it because I'm weighing in at home without shoes or clothes and in full work out gear at the gym? please tell me i'm not 158...

Replies

• sweetrevenge
    sweetrevenge Posts: 188
    Options
    Your not 158! :tongue: Seriously though, any doctor will tell you that if you weight yourself in full clothes to subtract 3 pounds for clothing and shoes. Smile, doesn't it feel great to be 155???
  • Tb4Kg
    Tb4Kg Posts: 11
    Options
    you got to take 2ib off for your clothes..

first thing in the morning.. step on to ur scales, NAKED lol
    then you will get you proper weight!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Yeah, what Tb said. Go to the bathroom in the morning, try to have a good BM, then strip down & stand on the scale. You'll probably be less than 155!
  • run_way
    run_way Posts: 220
    Options
    You want to factor about 2 pounds for shoes, and clothes can make a little bit of difference as well.
    Every scale can be a little different and your weight can fluctuate during the day, so always weigh yourself at the same time of day to get more consistent results.
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    I say it is best to consistantly use the same scale too. I use the one at my house....always on Fridays...same time in the morning...without clothes or shoes.
  • rtrautmann
    rtrautmann Posts: 57
    Options
    My weight at the doctor's is about 4lbs different than my weight at home. Take into consideration whether they're digital or manual scales, and then if you've eaten anything that day and what you're wearing (if anything) when you get on the scale.

Daily fluctuation is normal.
  • fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    have a big poop and THEN weigh yourself! silly silly, that's the extra weight!! lol :tongue:
  • anikab
    anikab Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! I thought I was gonna have to start tweaking my routine! whew!! Thanks everyone! I was horrified thinking omg TWO scales have said 158 but I wasn't fully clothed at home :p yay!

And I always wake up in the morning, poop and THEN step on the scale lmao