body changes and attraction changes

Options
So I'm curious as to how many people out there feel or felt that as their body or health habits have changed that they are attracted to a different type of person? Looks or personality? Especially those of you that have lost tons of weight. I can honestly tell that lately my attraction has turned to girls that are more active and in shape vs my long lust for nerdy girls.

Anyone else notice this? No beauty pageant answers...no BSing! lol :smile:

Replies

1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I find that as time goes my idea of what is attractive changes. I also find myself feeling differently about what I want to look like.
  • galenofedgewood
    galenofedgewood Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Nah. Unless I can be more attracted to my wife. <3
  • Oakley82
    Oakley82 Posts: 53
    Options
    Definitely. It may be a part of my getting older, but guys who want to go have beers all the time and eat like crap is a total turn off. I look at a guy I dated briefly who goes through fast food drive thru's every day, drinks all the time, hates the gym and I am almost grossed out. He isn't in shape because of that lifestyle and he sees nothing wrong with it. There is *nothing* wrong with not having an "ideal" body, but I can't stand someone who is content with having an unhealthy lifestyle.
  • MrsTorresisBACK
    MrsTorresisBACK Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm happliy married so don't really pay attention to that now but back in highschool when i was really heavy then lost alot of weight ....those that wanted to "just be friend" suddenly "wanted more"....thank God i was mature enough to know that they only looked at the physical and not the real me so i knew better to even give them the time of day. My husband now has seen me at my thinnest and at my heaviest and his love for me has NEVER changed and i adore him for that. That is how it should be...he loves the REAL me what ever size that may be.

I want to be back to my original size to be healthly and let's be real...to look better and gain more confidence.

Best of Luck!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Suddenly, I have this thing for goats... It's very odd.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I still love nerdy/punk girls but I have found that I find very fit women attractive now, I never used to like abs on a women. Now abs, strong legs and shoulders are sexy!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Always attracted to hotties, Im vein and Im a snob
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I read a story last year about how one study showed that the more "stress" a man had, and higher the cortisol levels, he was attracted to women who were not so skinny. And the less stress they felt, the more they were attracted to slimmer women.

I'm sure more can be found through a google search (as well as opposite studies that disprove it, knowing the internet).

So take it for what it's worth.

To me, bacon, will always be sexy.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Nah. Unless I can be more attracted to my wife. <3

^^ This, but for my boyfriend :happy:
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    My husband now has seen me at my thinnest and at my heaviest and his love for me has NEVER changed and i adore him for that. That is how it should be...he loves the REAL me what ever size that may be.

^This. I love this.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

It's a great feeling.
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Nope... never was attracted to skinny guys and never will... lol.. So, I'd never had dated a long distance runner (I enjoy their company on runs though :-)). My husband is awesome not being a runner!
  • bfpower
    bfpower Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I think YMMV based on age level and situation.

I'm a bit more attracted to everyone (although my libido has decreased, oddly enough). Perhaps my struggle with getting back to a healthy weight has helped me be more open-minded about what 'attractive' is.
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Sorta agree. I have always been attracted to big, bald, tattooed... football player types.... taller than 6 ft... 250+.

Not that I'm not attracted to that anymore, but I just started seeing a guy that is tall and closer to 200 lbs. I don't think I would have given him a chance before.
  • Laura42012
    Laura42012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Who says nerdy girls can't be active? I qualify in both categories.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    For me, my attraction has changed as I've aged. It really doesn't have anything to do with weight. Younger me loved the punk rock boys. Older me is more like responsible, funny and kindness is far more important.
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hey, who says nerdy girls aren't attractive? ;^)
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    i found that when I was fat I was attracted to super hot chicks and now that im in better shape im attracted to super hot chicks.. Oh wait, I think I did this wrong.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I always felt really attractive girls would leave me if I ever dated them. I've found females attractive of every age, shape, and size, but because of my fear I would never even bother going for "fit" girls..

It's ironic because my very first girlfriend was a dancer, extremely pretty, but perhaps maybe I just thought it was a freak accident though. My personality type hasn't changed. I like intelligent, nerdy, and humorous girls, but I wouldn't mind being with a girl that has a 6 pack. I can't complain.. old high school friend of mine are starting to notice each other and she's got a tiny waist and big.... brains. <_<
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    The things I'm attracted to are pretty consistent, as they're more personality related. Physically, I've pretty much always been attracted to more fit men, but have noticed I'm gaining a greater appreciation for muscularity than I used to have- mostly because it just affirms certain aspects of a personality, like determination and commitment. What has changed with my body changes though, are the type of people who are attracted to me.
  • meganrpelican
    meganrpelican Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    im in a relationship so im still attracted to my bf, however, as far as attraction goes with me he now cant keep his hands off me. it kinda hurts my feelings cuz he used to turn me down alot when i put the moves on him and i was heavier. he has always said i was perfect but...actions speak louder than words. maybe im being silly but this is the only time he has known me to be skinny. its not like i got heavy and thats what was wrong.