Seriously, who's DL is right?

Options

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    No weight listed in CT.

And, yes, I was also wondering if this was supposed to be a funny/scary deadlift gif thread.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Mine says 250. Wayyyy too high now :drinker:
  • LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I never even thought about this before, so I dug out my license and guess what? It says 130 pounds. I was 141 pounds before starting on MFP, but I am now 122 pounds! Boy does THAT feel GOOD!!! Oh yea, and I had a perm when I got my picture, but my hair is now straight!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    DL shows 145 but I weigh 140 and still losing.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Mine says 164 which is my goal weight. I'm only 14 pounds away. When I renew next year, I won't have to lie when the clerk asks me if everything is correct! =)
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Mine says 130, and I'm about 121 now. I'm not sure where I was in comparison when I got it 3 1/2 years ago as I rarely stepped on a scale.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

I didn't realize that some states do not list weight. Makes sense not to since people change through out the years.

It especially makes sense when you realize that almost everyone lies in the first place (according to this thread anyway).
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Mine doesn't have it on there either. It's a newer one though, from right before I started losing weight. So I'm at least 30 pounds heavier in the picture, than I am now.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Wow - where in the world do you have to put your weight on your drivers license. Don't have that in the UK!
    Um, this is a U.S. website so obviously in the U.S.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I totally thought I was gonna see DeadLifting pics.. I am disappoint.
    ^This :frown:

Saw 'DL', thought Dead Lift. MFP has gotten us. It's a good thing. :)
  • DoneBroughtSexyBack
    Options

My thoughts as well
    will.gif
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Mine says 250 when I was 260 at the time. I'm now 233 so I'm guessing if I have to get one again any time soon I'll say 200 LOL
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    mine says 170 even though i weighed 210.... right now i'm 182. so i'm a lot closer! :)
  • 215jenn
    215jenn Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Mine says 160. I was 170 when I got it, now I'm 194 down from 215. Getting closer anyway :)
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    In Texas, we don't have our weight printed on our licenses, (thank you), but I recently received a warning ticket, and on it, my weight was listed as 200. Not sure if that is what I put on it when I renewed it 5 yrs ago (if so, I was SO lying) or if the cop who pulled me over just guessed my weight as that. I am 188 now, so P~~~ to the cop! He isn't very observant, as he didn't realize my license had been expired for over a year. Oops. I need to get it renewed, but am waiting til I lose more weight so my pic looks good! lol.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I live in Kentucky and they don't put your weight on your DL. Mine would be current though since I just renewed it a couple months ago.

However, my DL does say I'm 5'7" when I'm only 5'5". :ohwell:
  • skm4jc
    skm4jc Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Wow - where in the world do you have to put your weight on your drivers license. Don't have that in the UK!
    Um, this is a U.S. website so obviously in the U.S.

There are participants in this site from all over the world; you can't take that for granted. Plus, as was already established, weight listing on DL is state-by-state. Some states have it, some don't.
  • Brookesworld104
    Brookesworld104 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    No weights on Licenses here in CT either... and that is a good thing! My license does say I am 5'2 though and I am more like 5'3. When you are short, every inch, even quarter of an inch counts!!! :happy:
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    ^This :frown:

Saw 'DL', thought Dead Lift. MFP has gotten us. It's a good thing. :)

Same here. I just got into a discussion with a friend who said she was doing "deadlifts" without bending her knees, but bending at the waist instead, and I was like how does that work? And she demonstrated and I was certain she was heading for a back injury, but she was adamant that that was what "her program" had her doing for "deadlifts." Anyhow. Obviously that's not what this thread is about, so carry on.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Mine says 170, which was actually about 5-8 lbs less than what I weighed when I got it renewed. I now weigh 160.