Three (very) bad days in a row - what to do now?

Options
I know I shouldn't lose my head about having bad days and the best advice is just 'move on'. But the last two days I ate over 500 cals on one day and then over 2,296 (went out drinking and then got drunken junk food), today too I've started with full English breakfast and I'm already over today's calorie goal.
What should I do over the next couple of days? Should I cut down my calorie intake and exercise more or just carry on as normal? ('normal' is 1500 cals a day and 30-50 minutes strength and cardio)

Replies

• Wetterdew
    Wetterdew Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Just carry on as normal. A single 3-day slip-up won't do much harm, and going lower than 1500 calories is unnecessary and quite honestly too little food, especially if you're also exercising. Put it behind you and just look ahead. But try to make sure it doesn't happen again!
  • Rose_bee
    Rose_bee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Just keep going. You have to eat 3,500 MORE than your current maintenance level to gain weight. That's awfully hard to do in 3 days.

For instance, my current maintenance (aka TDEE) is around 1,800. To gain a pound in 3 days, I'd have to eat nearly 3,000 calories a day for 3 days straight. That's a cr@p-ton of extra food.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Carry on as normal.even for the rest of today, just make healthy choices without trying to make up for breakfast.

Be good to yourself!
  • Kcapitano
    Kcapitano Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It happens to us all! Everyone is right when they say you need to move on... because honestly, there isn't much you can do about it now. However, it is important to take note and realize how it makes you feel. Doing this will make you NOT want to let this happen again. Whether it makes you feel guilty, bloated, full, lethargic, etc... take note and remember this feeling the next time you want to binge. It is also important to allow yourself cheat days now and then so you don't want to have random binge days.

One trick I do if I'm craving something is I wait it out and distract myself. I might try working out, seeing friends, eating something healthy, brushing my teeth( bc who likes to eat something good when they have that nasty toothpaste taste in their mouth) etc. If later on... I still have that same craving... then I will give in to it and maybe just do a little extra cardio the next day. Think of it as HEALTHY punishment. (used for motivation... NOT torture) hehe.

Have a great day, xoxo

Katie
  • effrontery
    effrontery Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I agree with what Kate said. These past two days I've been eating food outside my plan for myself and have noticed the difference in how my body felt. I'm telling myself I needed to have it happen so the next time that I crave chips I'll remember how crappy I felt afterwards, and hopefully that will be a motivator. Be gentle with yourself on the journey. :)