I want some crunchy friends!!!

Options
highervibes
highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
(no, not to snack on :p)

Are there any other crunchy mamas on MFP? I"m 32, mom of 2 unvaxed, born at home, healthy kids! Not looking for people's opinions on my choices, strictly looking for FRIENDS.

Anyone?

Replies

• stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why someone who doesn't want opinions on a controversial choice would announce that choice in a post that most definitely doesn't require it?
  • highervibes
    Options
    I'm not sure why someone who doesn't want opinions on a controversial choice would announce that choice in a post that most definitely doesn't require it?

To hopefully find some friends that do also!
  • keely1998
    keely1998 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    lol your so funny u can add me if u want i will only give positive motivation :)
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options

Odd criteria for friends. Especially on a weight loss site. But to each their own. Personally I vaccinated my kids. You can probably guess my opinion on the matter. All the best though, in whatever you do.
  • samgolod
    samgolod Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    not quite as crunchy as you but always up for getting crunchier! I'll send you a friend request...
  • sweetzoejane
    sweetzoejane Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm crunchy. But definitely not that kind of crunchy. I like science.
  • highervibes
    Options

Odd criteria for friends. Especially on a weight loss site. But to each their own. Personally I vaccinated my kids. You can probably guess my opinion on the matter. All the best though, in whatever you do.

Yes, I know we're all here for the same reason. It is a weight loss site, but I have met some of my best friends online and since getting healthy is really important to me, I thought it was worth a shot to see if I have anything ELSE in common with the folks here.

All the best to you and yours as well :)
  • RooBug88
    RooBug88 Posts: 55 Member
    Options

Are there any other crunchy mamas on MFP? I"m 32, mom of 2 unvaxed, born at home, healthy kids! Not looking for people's opinions on my choices, strictly looking for FRIENDS.

Anyone?

No judgement, I just have an honest question about vaccinations: aren't certain vaccinations required for enrollment in school? If I recall, I had to have several shots before my parents were even ALLOWED to register me for middle school.
    Side note, I'd love to be your friend! I'm online daily and I try to keep up with everyone on my news feed :)
  • highervibes
    Options

Anyone?

No judgement, I just have an honest question about vaccinations: aren't certain vaccinations required for enrollment in school? If I recall, I had to have several shots before my parents were even ALLOWED to register me for middle school.
    Side note, I'd love to be your friend! I'm online daily and I try to keep up with everyone on my news feed :)

I think that varies by state/Country. In Canada you may opt out for philosophical reasons and all you need is a notarized exemption letter.
  • JustKimAMW
    JustKimAMW Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I delivered both of my children naturally in a hospital, I cloth diaper, I vaccinate. Add me if you'd like. I'm slightly crunchy.
  • RooBug88
    RooBug88 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Neat! Like I said, totally no judgement. I was just curious about how that worked. :)
  • KristyTonn
    KristyTonn Posts: 46 Member
    Options

Anyone?

Schools want proof of them if you've gotten them. There is always a little box to check that states something to the effect that for personal or religious reasons you didn't vaccinate them. Then your off the hook.
  • genthehen78
    genthehen78 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have no idea what crunchy means in your case! I only know of the delicious chocolate covered honeycomb snack. However I am more than happy to be friends with you. I am a mother of 2 also but they were both born in a hospital. We could all use a bit of motivation now and again.
  • jersey_jenn
    jersey_jenn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    what exactly does it mean to be crunchy?
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Man ... something smells like patchouli in here....
  • Kevintron2
    Kevintron2 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    what exactly does it mean to be crunchy?

Hope someone answers you cause I'm completely lost here...lol
  • highervibes
    Options
    http://themoralesfamily.us/granola.htm Take this quiz to find out lol
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options

Anyone?

I think that varies by state/Country. In Canada you may opt out for philosophical reasons and all you need is a notarized exemption letter.

I straight up don't understand this. I don't see the point in having the rule if you can opt out for hazily defined 'philosophical reasons'. The inviolate 'religious reasons' excuse is bad enough.

I philosophically disagree with filing my taxes, but I can't get an exemption letter for them. Funny that.

My ire is with the system on this, by the way, not the OP.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Crunchy as in "crunchy granola" .... granola = hippies. Hippies = sometimes they don't vaccinate their kids.
  • MrsSpindler
    Options
    I'm not a momma, but I'm always looking to add friends! :)

If I had kids, I would be crunchy too and so would my husband!