love it here!

Options
amymeenieminymo
amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
I just have to say how much I love this board.:happy: Never have I kept with a healthy eating and exercise plan so well before. I am going on month 3 and I still love it. I had two weeks of staying the same weight, but I upped my walks each day and finally the following week I lost 3 pounds! So I am actually right back on track.

I love my walks, even on days that I am not quite feeling like it, I still go and end up feeling great once I get out there. All my life I have had problems with the shins and even walking short distances made them hurt so bad. Well as much as I didn't want to admit it, my dad was right.....I stuck with it and my legs are apparently stronger now because as of about a month ago I have NO more pain in my shins when I walk. I am even thinking about giving jogging a try soon (baby steps, just a little jogging but still a lot of walking) and I am SO not a jogger at all.

In the beginning I was always hungry at night and would often go over my calories be 100 or so, but the last few weeks I find myself not eating all of them or trying to find high calorie stuff to get them all in. And I love each night when you finish logging and it says what you could weigh in 5 weeks....my latest "could be" weight was 200.5 or something like that. Just the idea of being this close to being out of the 200's makes me so excited. Even weighing 199.99 makes me thrilled. While not in by much, I haven't been out of the 200's in almost two years and my last brief visit to the 190's was only because I was very sick for a few weeks and couldn't eat!

And me and my boyfriend will be celebrating our year anniversary in a month, so I am very excited that I could be very close to that 199.99 spot by then.

Hope everyone is having good luck and success as well!

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    Options
    I just have to say how much I love this board.:happy: Never have I kept with a healthy eating and exercise plan so well before. I am going on month 3 and I still love it. I had two weeks of staying the same weight, but I upped my walks each day and finally the following week I lost 3 pounds! So I am actually right back on track.

I love my walks, even on days that I am not quite feeling like it, I still go and end up feeling great once I get out there. All my life I have had problems with the shins and even walking short distances made them hurt so bad. Well as much as I didn't want to admit it, my dad was right.....I stuck with it and my legs are apparently stronger now because as of about a month ago I have NO more pain in my shins when I walk. I am even thinking about giving jogging a try soon (baby steps, just a little jogging but still a lot of walking) and I am SO not a jogger at all.

In the beginning I was always hungry at night and would often go over my calories be 100 or so, but the last few weeks I find myself not eating all of them or trying to find high calorie stuff to get them all in. And I love each night when you finish logging and it says what you could weigh in 5 weeks....my latest "could be" weight was 200.5 or something like that. Just the idea of being this close to being out of the 200's makes me so excited. Even weighing 199.99 makes me thrilled. While not in by much, I haven't been out of the 200's in almost two years and my last brief visit to the 190's was only because I was very sick for a few weeks and couldn't eat!

And me and my boyfriend will be celebrating our year anniversary in a month, so I am very excited that I could be very close to that 199.99 spot by then.

• LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! This is the longest I've gone without giving up as well, well except for a couple of years ago when I actually did lose some weight. I fall off the wagon often, but now instead of giving up, I jump right back on! Happy early anniversary, and congrats on all the hard work!!:flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Well done! this is the longest I've gone too, and 21 lbs are making it SO worth it! I don't know where I'd be without MFP.... ooh a rhyme. :drinker:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    You're doing a wonderful job!! Keep up the good work. You're going to meet your goal. Congratulations on your upcoming one year anniversary. :flowerforyou:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way you do. I've been here since March, and haven't had trouble sticking to it (except an occasional splurge here and there.) I've stuck to exercise so much better than before because I need to do it to earn extra calories I want to eat. Just the habit of logging both exercise and food has helped me so much. I also love the support and ideas I get from the people on this site who know exactly what I'm going through. I'm glad you are also finding this successful. Good luck on the rest of your journey!
  • Me_Im_2b
    Me_Im_2b Posts: 165
    Options

I'm suffering with shin splints right now! So, thank you for posting this cause now I have the umph back to go walking again tonight (if only so the pain will go away:sad: )
  • ciekay
    ciekay Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love it here too!!! This is the most weight I have ever lost (in a healthy way). Whenever I feel like cheating, I imagine myself logging in those calories and being forced to look at them :explode: ...and I change my mind. :smile: I have never been this motivated...everyone is soooo suportive! Best of luck everyone!
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options

clapping.gif

You are amazing. I can empathize on how difficult it is to focus when you feel like your progess has been in vain but I applaud you for sticking through!

I run two miles five days out of the week. I HATED running. HATED. Then, it just started with me walking with some buds of mine around the old school track, started parking the car furthest from the door at stores and the small steps came to this big success. I'm excited for you because I was kind of there and here we are together! MFP rules. You rule and keep up the great great achievements. Follow through no matter what, you're in it for the long run now in this healthy lifestyle and there's no turning back!

Cheers to your future success.
    :drinker:
  • amymeenieminymo
    Options

I'm suffering with shin splints right now! So, thank you for posting this cause now I have the umph back to go walking again tonight (if only so the pain will go away:sad: )

Shin splints are awful aren't they? Yes defintely get back into walking. I won't lie, it took about two months before the pain went away totally. At first they hurt a lot so I wouldn't walk as far, then the pain was still there but I could push it aside and walk anyway. Pretty soon I noticed they would hurt one day but not the next, and so on. Now I can happily say that it's been several weeks since I have felt any pain and I NEVER thought I would be able to walk any distance (like more than a few blocks) without my shins hurting. You can do it!!!!!:drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!