Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Oops I meant 2 drinks
    susan
    I was wondering because 21 seemed a like a lot but whatever:tongue:

I felt like crap this morning. I am doing better now since I worked out all day. No drinking until Friday and I will not waiver this week.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Well this is deffinitly a group you can't be gone for a few days with... holy posts! Survived my trip up north... did... OK with the drinking... did better with food that's for sure! lol.. although that was hard too!

Now I'd love to say I'm not drinking until friday too... however my in laws arrive Wednesday morning... which means wine... wine.. oh yes and more wine. Thursday we're also going to Summerfest (the world's largest music festival held at the lakefront in Milwaukee, if ya ever get the chance... GO!) I'm gonna try and have no alcohol.. but with food there, all bets are off. Every culture seems to be there representing! lol

Friday we're going out to dinner, course that means drinks.. Saturday and Sunday... enough said. It's the damn forth! We're grilling out Wed, Saturday and Sunday.. so yall know what that means.

Stay strong everyone!
  • naturebaby
    naturebaby Posts: 161
    Options
    hi all..back from 2 days at the lake..i didn't really do too badly 1/2 a beer, 2 gins daytime & 2 red wines for dinner each day, but that is still too many..my fat gut is coming back!! I did swim and row a raft a bit, but the sodium blues :frown: also has me down. Back to work on my plan this week and no drinks till friday! ciao
  • tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    tameka1220,
    Try shopping in a health food store. They typically have a good selection of gluten-free food items. There's also a good gluten-free cookbook called The Gluten-Free Gourmet, by Bette Hagman. Several years ago I was on a gluten-free diet, and the cookbook has all kinds of recipes. FYI - there may be some ingredients you are unfamiliar with, but give it a try.

Thanks Lisa! I will give it a look! I am so confused as to "What" i should be eating, what triggers a weight gain or loss
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options

Now I'd love to say I'm not drinking until friday too... however my in laws arrive Wednesday morning... which means wine... wine.. oh yes and more wine. Thursday we're also going to Summerfest

You had me at in-laws.
  • foodwitch
    foodwitch Posts: 3
    Options
    In-laws...break out the wine! My father-in-law counted wine as a fruit when he did WW before our wedding 23 years ago...he lost 60 lbs! I planned on drinking just one glass of wine tonight but ended up drinking 3....I ate well though! I'll try again tomorrow!
    Hey, does anyone know if alcohol consumption affects the body's ability to make Vit. D? My level is at rock bottom even with these megadoses my doc. has prescribed. I eat foods w/Vit D and get outside so not sure what's up.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    In-laws...break out the wine! My father-in-law counted wine as a fruit when he did WW before our wedding 23 years ago...he lost 60 lbs! I planned on drinking just one glass of wine tonight but ended up drinking 3....I ate well though! I'll try again tomorrow!
    Hey, does anyone know if alcohol consumption affects the body's ability to make Vit. D? My level is at rock bottom even with these megadoses my doc. has prescribed. I eat foods w/Vit D and get outside so not sure what's up.

Alcohol consumption usually affects the B vitamins, thiamine...we hang banana bags (fluid filled IV fluids with mega vitamins) at the hospital when a withdrawl patient comes in...oh ya, they get lots of valium too...:smokin:

Day 1, Monday, no alcohol...I think I can, I think I can
  • alisonengland
    alisonengland Posts: 110 Member
    Options

Now I'd love to say I'm not drinking until friday too... however my in laws arrive Wednesday morning... which means wine... wine.. oh yes and more wine. Thursday we're also going to Summerfest

You had me at in-laws.

Please! My father-in-law has MOVED IN!!! His house purchase has stalled. He is a lovely man but he does not stop talking about TOTAL CRAP. My husband has conveniently disappeared on a tennis tour....hmmmm
    Yesterday over dinner my father in law read me out the dimensions of every storage facility he could rent and then read the entire history from the storage company's website. At breakfast (he's up at 6am so I cant even have an early breakfast) he gave me a lecture on the history of brass bands...my little girl is only 8 and I swear I could see her gaze shifting to the wine..I want to cry..and drink...A LOT...so

Tonight...cocktails..many cocktails
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Oops I meant 2 drinks
    susan

Haha - Yeah, cos - if I drink 21 drinks, I never remember 21... I usually lose count at uh... 5-6!!! I did remember 13 Jack Daniels though - only because it was such a huge deal, and people kept reminding me of it the next day...

I managed to stay dry again yesterday - wow, on a roll, 4 days already!!!! It was a little tough at one point yesterday. I was watching a program with my husband and the characters on TV were drinking a huge goblet of red wine, it was sooooooooo enticing.... :love: That compounded with meeting the wine racking salesguy who was taking measurements of the room which will eventually be our wine cellar.... <sigh>
    I did workout twice yesterday though!

Oh - and let's not talk in-laws. I call mine the Out-Laws. The cops have been over to their place several times already due to MIL's drinking and aggressive behavior. My husband has declared war on them, but I'm stuck being Switzerland because I want my children to experience having grandparents. So, I start my holiday on Friday - Monday with the Out-laws, while their son conveniently is playing golf for the weekend...
    GOLF - we all know what that stands for right? Gentlemen Only, Ladies *kitten* Off?! How nice.
  • sissy56
    sissy56 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've been waiting until I returned from a trip; so I'm back and I'm in. My goal is to drink only Fri and Sat pm.
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    Well,I had a great weekend,but it was crushed Monday morning when I got on the scale,I'm just now bringing myself to even talk about it.I litterally just lost my mind I guess,I ate what I felt were small portions,but probably weren't ,I drank enough to sink a battle ship.Like I said it was a great weekend,but not really worth it.We went to see the new movie Grown Ups ,had all the bad stuff there,then went to the beach sat. and drank ,and drank , and drank,then finished the evening up around a camp fire eating baby back ribs ,and T-bones.Then sunday had to soke up all the alc. so had homemade grilled burgers,sat my fat *kitten* on the couch all day and had Blue Bell ice cream and home made brownies that evening.

Yeah I did!

gained 4 frickin pounds !!!!!!! "SHOOT ME"
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Well,I had a great weekend,but it was crushed Monday morning when I got on the scale,I'm just now bringing myself to even talk about it.I litterally just lost my mind I guess,I ate what I felt were small portions,but probably weren't ,I drank enough to sink a battle ship.Like I said it was a great weekend,but not really worth it.We went to see the new movie Grown Ups ,had all the bad stuff there,then went to the beach sat. and drank ,and drank , and drank,then finished the evening up around a camp fire eating baby back ribs ,and T-bones.Then sunday had to soke up all the alc. so had homemade grilled burgers,sat my fat *kitten* on the couch all day and had Blue Bell ice cream and home made brownies that evening.

Yeah I did!

Sounds like a great weekend tho!!! Hmmm, wish I was there wallowing in booze, sun and grilled meat!!! Too bad you can't blame it on the in-laws...LOL
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options

Yeah I did!

Sounds like a great weekend tho!!! Hmmm, wish I was there wallowing in booze, sun and grilled meat!!! Too bad you can't blame it on the in-laws...LOL

I can blame it on the In laws,they weren't there,but somehow it had to be their fault right?

"Drove me to drinkin"
  • misslizz6958
    misslizz6958 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm getting hammered drunk tonight. Just sayin. I do love seeing the scale the next morning with the huge water loss
    . Holy **** did I ever
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options

You had me at in-laws.

Please! My father-in-law has MOVED IN!!! His house purchase has stalled. He is a lovely man but he does not stop talking about TOTAL CRAP. My husband has conveniently disappeared on a tennis tour....hmmmm
    Yesterday over dinner my father in law read me out the dimensions of every storage facility he could rent and then read the entire history from the storage company's website. At breakfast (he's up at 6am so I cant even have an early breakfast) he gave me a lecture on the history of brass bands...my little girl is only 8 and I swear I could see her gaze shifting to the wine..I want to cry..and drink...A LOT...so

Tonight...cocktails..many cocktails

Wow, I think I would be so enibriated at that point I'd be passed out on the floor. I think perhaps he needs a hobby?... no reading the paper in the morning? lol
  • Beastmilk
    Beastmilk Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ok kids, I read through as much as I could of this post and I feel a little sense of relief. But listen to this. I have gained 45 freakin' pounds and none of it is coming off...perhaps it's because of this cycle we all know.

Crappy-ish life: drink too much, eat late, wake up late, eat greasy food to soak up hangover, no energy to go to the gym.
    Or! There's also the ever popular Celebration time: drink too much, eat late, wake up late, eat greasy food to soak up hangover, no energy to go to the gym.

Seeing a pattern here? My boyfriend and I (just the two of us) can drink an ENTIRE bottle of Jameson in one night. In one night! That's like 15 ham sandwiches! I used to be impressed by the rock star factor of that fact, but now it's just disturbing. I beat up on myself a lot about it the next morning, but then I just go out and do it again! Well, we don't go through 7 bottles of whiskey a week, but you get the idea. I like to drink. Blame learning how to drink as a college binge drinker or genetics.

Thank god for a 3 day cycle of heavy antibiotics to give me a break. I tried to do a detox a month ago for two weeks, and made it two days. I live in a college town, but I'm not in college. There's not much to do here but drink, which I have done, nearly every day, for the past...wow, I guess the past year. I'm trying to cut down on the drinking, and the smoking, and the bad food habits. It's too much to do all at once! Please, will me your discipline cuz it ain't here!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    haha - have children, may sober you up, quickly!
    but then, it also leads you back to the drink - or as you so aptly named it in your screen-name - the BEASTMILK!

Okay - so I got to 4 days dry - my DH got home and said he closed at 35M$ deal, so HAD to have a glass or 3 of wine with him.:ohwell:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Green tea is good, green tea is my friend....Beer is bad, beer is the demon....over and over again
  • foodwitch
    foodwitch Posts: 3
    Options
    finished the remaining half of the bottle of red i opened yesterday...i did walk the dogs twice today, cleaned bathrooms, and ate a salad for lunch followed by polenta w/goat cheese for dinner..still under my 1200 cal for the day! Should I be proud of that?! oh yea, DH got back into town and will fly out again tomorrow for work.
    Maybe i can go w/o wed. and thurs. nite.....
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    well, i was successful at resisting today. i had indulged earlier today and knew i would be close or over my calories by the end of the day; so when my dh offered to pour me "a little something" since he was having a drink, i actually said no.

the sad part is i have now spent hours wishing i had saved those calories and enjoyed the drink instead. grrr. guess next time i will make a different choice. so now i've spent hours drinking coffee trying to avoid the alcohol, i'll be up all night and in the bathroom. (still probably thinking about that d**n drink.) at this rate i had better plan on extra work out and good eating tomorrow, cause i do not want to spend another evening mentally obsessing like tonight.