My 100mile Challenge

Options

Replies

• RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Welcome corndog05!! Glad to have another friendly face join in!! Read through the thread for any info and randomness I have posted as well as others. Enjoy your walks !!!
  • kizzym
    kizzym Posts: 250
    Options

exercise.png
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I am a little late getting in on this but I am going to get me one of those fancy tickers and input what I have walked since Monday. I've just recently started to get serious about walking. Like you, Bru, it is HOT here at our house, so it is either early morning or just as the sun is setting when I am able to walk. I don't have a mall close to me *sigh* But...I think this is a great idea. Accountability is a good thing! I may not make the 100 mile mark by Sept. but I will be moving! So, I have considered the C25K, as a beginning walker, would it be good to start that program now? Just wondering how you have done and where you were at in your fitness regime before you started. Thanks for starting this thread...I am off to get my ticker! :smile:
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Hi Lori and welcome!! You're not a little late, no worries there! I started the C25k 4weeks ago, I was NEVER a runner/jogger. I often got sharp side pains in my side even walking, so I was leery at first. But I haven't had ANY side pains since gettig my life on track and eating healthier. I love the C25k program ( I use the mile(s) I walk during the c25k for my 100mile challenge). If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message :) Good luck on whichever path you choose and enjoy your walks!

I think TOM is coming up, but I'm gonna drink plenty of water and keep on keeping on! 'See you all around the block' XoxoxoX Bru

*edited to say* sending you a friend req as well and your birthday is one day before mine!! Woot Woot for the Leos!
  • RacheBell
    RacheBell Posts: 111
    Options
    Updating.

BTW - I'm only putting the miles I run, not walk or bike. Mainly because it's a personal goal.
  • mddomain
    mddomain Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Got in another 2.5 this morning. Since my home treadmill is acting crazy and wanting to only operate at an incline of 4, I'm having a more difficult time getting in the miles. Hopefully it will be fixed tonight and I'll be back to normal tomorrow. Keep moving, ladies!
  • LoriT129
    Options
    Thanks for the friend add! I need lots to keep this booty moving! I believe I am going to walk for another 2 weeks and then try the C25K. I don't want to push it and end up hurting myself and then not being able to do it at all. I'm going to try to reach the 3 mile mark by the end of that 2 weeks. That's the plan right now anyway. Staying flexible and might try it sooner! You guys are such inspirations!
  • corndog05
    corndog05 Posts: 53
    Options
    I have been training for the last couple of months for my first 5k at the end of August. So I did a run/walk 5k yesterday on the treadmill to see how long I can expect to be out there in the hot, humid August heat of south GA. My first try was 47:15, not great by any means, but at least I know my starting point and can improve upon that over the next couple of months.

Thanks for this challenge. It gives me another goal to work toward. :)
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    15min/mile isn't that bad!!! Keep up the great work and good luck in August! That's awesome to get to do! I missed our local breast cancer marathon, but I wouldn't have been ready for it, so next year it is for me.

You are all doing wonderful!! I love seeing the miles adding up :D Have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you all SUnday morning with my weekly stats ! 'See ya around the block' XoxoxoX Bru
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    @corndog05 -- Hey, girl, great job on finishing a practice 5K! :) I wanted to offer some advice that you get out on the roads a bit during your 5K training... running (well, walking for me, I'm not running yet!) on the streets and in the heat and humidity is tougher than treadmill running and I think it would help your body to get used to it a little. :) (especially southern GA, yikes! I'm in southern TN and it is SO hot & humid here... probably worse there!) Purely my opinion... :)

@BrunetteWife... Look at you over 1/2 way finished with the challenge! I think you need to up your goals! :)
  • NWgardener
    NWgardener Posts: 28
    Options
    Trying my best to keep at this. Better at walking than logging in my mileage. As of today I'm at 19 miles total. Today, I walked my neighbor's dogs while she had watched her grandkids, and my husband and I walked to a restaurant for dinner.

Will work again on my ticker when I am feeling more technologically motivated. Until then I'll keep track the old-fashioned way!

Walk on!
  • LoriT129
    Options
    I've walked 7.1 miles since Monday! Wow! I have set a mini goal for myself to walk 10 miles by tomorrow and per week (more if I can do it). I love to be challenged and this is perfect for me to keep motivated. Great job everyone!
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    @BrunetteWife... Look at you over 1/2 way finished with the challenge! I think you need to up your goals! :)

LOL, yep, planned on it, so I'm setting my new goal for 200miles. I've been slacking a bit lately, so hopefully this pushes me forward. Congrats to everyone passing those miles!! Keep up the great work!! 'See ya around the block'!! XoxoxoX Bru
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join, if that's ok! I like to walk outside, but I also work out on the elliptical and treadmill often. Even though I'm starting late, I still plan on hitting 100 miles by (or before) Sept 8th, which sounds like the end-date for this challenge.

I have a good start - I walked 3 miles this morning with my sister and plan on going to the gym again tonight.

Look forward to getting to know you all.
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Welcome to the challenge accountant_boi !!! Good luck on the challenge and on your journey in general! We don't have a set date on when to post the weekly miles we've walked as a group, we just post when it's easiest for each of us. I usually post Sunday mornings what I walked the previous Sun-Sat. There's random info throughout the thread, and if you need anything, let us know!!That being said, I'm headed out to log my evening walk, enjoy your weekend, 'see ya around the block'! Bru

Edited: Here's my miles walked each week with my running total on my ticker:
    Week 6/8 -6/12 13.89
    Week 6/13- 6/19 22.83
    Week 6/20-6/26 30.84
    Week 6/27-7/3
    Week 7/4-7/10
    Week 7/11-7/17
    Week 7/18-7/24
    Week 7/25-7/31
    Week 8/1-8/7
    Week 8/8-8/14
    Week 8/15-8/8/21
    Week 8/22-8/28
    Week 8/29-9/4
    Week 9/5-9/8
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the challenge accountant_boi !!! Good luck on the challenge and on your journey in general! We don't have a set date on when to post the weekly miles we've walked as a group, we just post when it's easiest for each of us. I usually post Sunday mornings what I walked the previous Sun-Sat. There's random info throughout the thread, and if you need anything, let us know!!That being said, I'm headed out to log my evening walk, enjoy your weekend, 'see ya around the block'! Bru

Thanks! Feel free to call me Trenton (or Trent) - much easier to type than my screen name. :laugh:

I walked another 2.3 miles tonight (in the rain, no less!)... beautiful rainbow followed us the whole way.
  • LoriT129
    Options
    Ok everyone, I've walked 12.6 miles this week and have gone over my goal by 2.6 miles! Woot! I may have to up my goal as well but I'm gonna do this for another week and see how I do!

Welcome to the walking goal Trent!! :smile:
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    That's great Lori!! wtg!! I upped mine as a side personal challenge. Can't wait to see all the miles roll in!! Enjoy your wvening all and I will see you throughout the week. XoxoxoX Bru
  • mom2boyzinaz
    Options
    I did not log in last week but so far 65.1 miles, looks like everyone is doing great :)
  • CinthiaF
    CinthiaF Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    i have gone 16.2 mile so far but i have also been sick for about 2 weeks so that kinda slowed me down on walking. But i am all better now and feel good too and i can hear out of my ear again so everything is alot better now