Irrational/Random/Funny Fears?

Options
13»

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Thats not crazy..I would know..I am diagnosed crazy
    Crazy seeps in very slowly where you can't see yourself change until its too late and your in the psych unit with all the other crazies for 5th time in a month....True Story
    Oh yeah...and being alone

I have anxiety dreams about being back in a psych ward. It's been 15 years but that fear is still present for me. I so get that.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    I get freaked out by really small thumbs
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options

I have this really random fear that if the fan is on the fastest setting it will spin itself off and come crashing down and chop off my head.

I think one of our cats has this same fear.

Edit: I'm not making light of anything here, btw, one of our cats is terrified of ceiling fans. Her face is stricken with terror when she looks up and realizes it's on.
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I have a fear that I will be killed by a falling tree branch - crazy!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I have a fear that I will be killed by a falling tree branch - crazy!

I just saw a youtube video of a guy who rolled out the way seconds before a tree fell on him. Scared me - and I was just watching it!

For some reason when I was younger I was convinced I'd die in a car accident by 30. It was UNSHAKABLE, this belief. I am almost 32 now. Never been happier to have been proven wrong!
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    I was homeless for a short time when I was much younger and still have nightmares and anxiety dreams about finding myself without a home to go to.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    So very terrified of cockroaches!! Especially those bloody flying ones'
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    TRYPOPHOBIA

It makes my skin crawls. It makes me feel weird!

If you don't know what it is I beg you, DO NOT google it.
  • weephees
    weephees Posts: 27
    Options
    I have a massive fear of slugs! Cannot stand the sight of them or being near them which means I refuse to go out of the back door after dark as a whole army of the little buggers seem to come out!

The thought of walking through long damp grass gives me the heebie geebies knowing they are hinding in there just slothering around.

Uhhhg, someone who knew of my fear once threw a slug at me too let's just say I I was not a happy chappy, I haven't seen them since haha!
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Afraid of Chucky the doll.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    On some toilets I have a fear of my poop not making into the hole and I will sit on just the bowl instead of the seat.

No friken idea where the fear comes from.
  • CheriLMT
    CheriLMT Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have a fear that my mom is going to die.....its part of the crazy I guess.......I am obsessive about it...like if I can't reach her on the phone I will go ballistic until I talk to her (I am 27 years old by the way) I can't throw anything away that she gives me including ziploc containers..this started when my grandma died
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I have the kind of stairs in my house that have that space between them instead of them being closed in. I always run up them when I am by myself for fear of someone reaching through and grabbing my foot or ankle. I know that nobody is there to do it, but I still run out of fear.
  • __stacyb
    __stacyb Posts: 306
    Options
    Reaching down to get that sippy cup value that fell into kitchen garbage disposal and thinking it will somehow turn on with my hand in it, this completely freaks me out.
  • bauer1971
    bauer1971 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Bridges over water....as soon as i see one in my near driving future, my heart races and i get so sick to my stomach. The feeling of being stuck in the car, in the water and not be able to get out. PANIC!! My husband bought me a hammer/seat belt cutter that you hook on to the back of the passenger seat (or somewhere you could reach) so i wouldnt freak out as much. Didnt help as much as i hoped.