Running apps

Options
I've just got back from my first proper run and am surprised at how much fitter I am than a few months ago when I first tried - yay! Anyway, inspired, I wondered if anyone can recommend any good apps for iphone for recording speed, distance etc so I know what to log. I have a pedometer one on there but I'm clueless to whether there's a better one!

Replies

• stephanie1133
    Options
    I really love RunKeeper!
  • BJM30
    BJM30 Posts: 1
    Options
    Runkeeper is great. I first downloaded the free version and then some months later they had a special on the next version up for free and that's the one I use. It uses GPS to track your distance and will even save the map of your run/walk. I am only sorry that it doesn't 'talk' to myfitnesspal, but I just manually transfer the data.
  • thatjeffsmith
    thatjeffsmith Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've used 2, C25K and RunKeeper (Free)

No longer C25K as my average run is almost 4 miles now :)

The free version of RunKeeper does everything you need - track runs, complete with maps, stats, personal records, etc. Not sure what the pay version gets you...
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Endomondo
  • cndslee
    cndslee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    RunKeeper is good. I also have Runtastic on my phone and it syncs with MFP so when I walk or run it automatically logs it on my exercise for the day. It tracks your route, time, avg. pace/speed, etc.
  • organicgirl22
    Options
    I personally really like Nike Plus, Im always monitoring my splits & you can set mileage or speed goals.
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Another vote for runkeeper. Easy to use, and seems accurate as compared to my garmin.
  • donnacervelli11
    donnacervelli11 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thirded for RunKeeper. I've also tried Runtastic, which I like because it 'talks' to MFP.You can set both to record your split times. I like them because I can still run Pandora or listen to music and RunKeeper or Runtastic will still chime in with my pace and distance.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper! My favorite and I've tested plenty.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    My friend and I were just running with her using MapMyRun, which seemed pretty cool.
  • Carlsky1979
    Options
    I preferred RunKeeper over Nike Running and MapMyRun
  • Linda916
    Linda916 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I like MapMyRun. I also log my other workouts on it too- yoga and boot camp and circuit training. At then end of the week I get a review of all my stats via email. I can also go online and see my stats to date. I was SHOCKED to see the amount of miles I have ran since the beginning of the year! I was so proud!

also, I just figured out how to change the setting so the voice 'talks' to you. I have mine set for 2 mile increments (I'm a beginner) and I like that it interrupts my music to tell me when I have completed 2 miles (and 4 and 6 etc.) Good Luck! :)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Endomondo, mapmyrun and runkeeper are all good, and much of a much-ness.

I prefer the interface for endo, and I find it seems to drop signal slightly less than the others.

With all of them, though, the accuracy of the measures they give is dependent mostly on the quality of your phone's satnav capacity. Also bear in mind that they're none of them as accurate on distance measurement as a bespoke device like a garmin will be. I find endo overestimates by about 100 yards on the mile.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I like JogTracker. It doesn't ask for permissions that I didn't think it should need, like bluetooth access. Also, it tells me every minute how far I've run.
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    When I started running again, I used C25K, which at some point turned into Ease Into 5K. I just use that - you can set it for a distance run, and it gives you all of your cues at mile markers, and then the last 1/2 mile and 500 feet.

It records your pace per mile, total miles, average pace, calories burned, etc. Works for me!
  • aeverton
    aeverton Posts: 359
    Options
    I've used Runkeeper and Map my run.

Angie