Chicken recipes WANTED

124»

Replies

• saltzeeman
    saltzeeman Posts: 1 Member
    I put 5 or 6 chicken breasts, skinless, and all visible fat trimmed, pour a can of green enchilda sauce on it (which is virtually calorie free) and set on the poultry setting and it is perfect in 5 hours or so. I then "pull" it apart and eat with a 40 calories corn tortialla, so good.
  • paulamhunt
    paulamhunt Posts: 121 Member
    BUMP
  • KristyTonn
    KristyTonn Posts: 46 Member
    We do boneless skinless chicken breasts in the crock pot with marinara sauce. Throw the chicken in partially thawed, or thawed, along with a jar of marinara, and a few hours later = yum!
  • bateslin
    bateslin Posts: 67
    Crock Pot Recipe;

Put 2-3 chicken breasts (fresh or frozen) in bottom of crock pot.
    Mix 2-3 TBSP of taco or fajita seasoning with double the amount of water (I eye it...you can add extra water if you need) pour over chicken and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hrs.

Shred chicken and you can use it in so many things. You can put in wraps, make enchiladas, taco salads, etc. Super easy.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    The BBC Good Food website has some realy good chicken recipes. The Chicken Saag is one of my favourites!

Ax
    Everyone loves the BBC...

Chicken + Frank's Hotsauce + Anything = Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.
  • Ash_Diya
    Ash_Diya Posts: 36
    Chipotle-Chicken Salad (my style)

1. Romaine Lettuce
    2. Grilled Chicken
    3. Black Beans
    4. Corn
    5. Tomatoes
    6. Scallions

For the dressing:
    1. Lime juice
    2. Rice vinegar
    3. Honey
    4. Garlic
    5.Chipotle chillies
    6. Cilantro

Prepare the dressing by mixing all the ingredients together and adding chopped cilantro on top.
  • Laffinhippiegurl
    Laffinhippiegurl Posts: 41 Member
    bump
  • McGruber03
    McGruber03 Posts: 113 Member
    When I don't feel like cooking, I put a chicken breast in a covered oven safe dish with some BBQ sauce and Balsamic Vinagrette mix (about 1/2 cup BBQ sauce, 2-3 tablespoons dressing) and bake it until it reaches 160 degrees. Then I steam some cauliflower or broccoli as a side. And sometimes make some quick Near East couscous b/c it only takes 5 minutes. Easiest meal ever.
  • natashalh1998
    natashalh1998 Posts: 56 Member
    Sauté chicken in skillet until done, add Franks hot sauce cook until warm.
    Eat on a low carb tortilla ( I use Ole High Fiber Low Carb)
    You can add a little blue cheese crumbles ( I use Bolthouse Farms Yogurt Ranch dressing)
    Veggies of your liking

Very quick and low in calories
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    I keep pan seared chicken breast in my frig, I diced them up. I make pasta with vegetables, then add some sauteed tomatoes and some cheeses. I usually add some olive oil with a little bit of butter or have enough liquid where I can add a bouillon for taste. Lately though I've been buying stir fry sauces and adding to my chicken with vegetables and rice. But having that chicken in the frig already done is a blessing. I do the same thing to ground meat, just have it browned off and seasoned. Make wraps or salads.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    definitely bump
  • 5+lbs skinned chicken through grinder
    add hamburger seasoning (it's called hamburger)
    2 eggs
    3 cups of oatmeal blended in a blender dry (creates a powder)
    mix all in a bowl and once more through the grinder

chicken burgers
  • sueswan74
    sueswan74 Posts: 20 Member
    bump
  • tmpayton
    tmpayton Posts: 148 Member
    boneless, skinless chix breast, pounded so relatively the same thickness
    sprinkle/coat with blackening seasoning (I coat-like the heat)
    seer in olive oil sprayed pan about 7-8 minutes per side
    place pan in 350 oven and cook until juices run clear

I usually serve with salad/steamed veggies &/or brown rice
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    bump

I'm LOVING these recipes!
  • 57viv
    57viv Posts: 7 Member
    Garlic-Lime Chicken
    Adapted from All Recipes

3/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1/8 teaspoon paprika
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/8 teaspoon onion powder
    1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
    1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

2 tablespoons butter
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    2 teaspoons garlic powder
    3 tablespoons lime juice

1. In a small bowl, mix together salt, black pepper, cayenne, paprika, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder, thyme and parsley. Sprinkle spice mixture generously on both sides of chicken breasts.
    2. Heat butter and olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken until golden brown, about 6 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons garlic powder and lime juice. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently to coat evenly with sauce.

I would cut back on the salt by a third however and although the butter makes it yummy I do use olive oil and I do pound out the breast so it cooks evenly. For those who don't do spicy omit the cayenne and use smoked paprika.
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Ohhhhhhh...so many to try.

I'll add this cooking light recipe. Dak Bokkeum with Spinach. (Korean chicken stew with spinach over rice) It is sssoooo good and has become a staple here. Easy and replaces my need to eat out Asian.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/dak-bokkeum-spinach-korea-50400000119683/

The gochujang (Korean chile sauce) is well worth finding. The sub's i tried did not work nearly as well.
  • Bump