Working out without going to the gym

Options
2»

Replies

• Maggie9fc
    Maggie9fc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    benderfitness.com has tons of free home workouts, I enjoy them.
  • triathlete5301
    triathlete5301 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Pinterest has some great body workouts where you are just using your body weight to work out.

Running is a cheap work out too :) Couch to 5K is an awesome way to get fitter.

Make other choices throughout the day that force you to be more active. Take the stairs, park in the back of the parking lot, carry the milk around the store rather than push a cart, etc.

Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is good- I believe it is on youtube?

Good luck! :smile:
  • Jlopez201
    Jlopez201 Posts: 61
    Options
    YES! I have an App that is called the Nike Training Club app. There are a variety of different workouts you can do.. many with little to NO equipment (the most you need is a medicine ball, a set of weights 8-12 lbs and a stability ball)

They have different workouts that vary according to your level of fitness. I just did an intermediate one last night that required nothing.

The best thing about this app is that its FREE.

There is also another app that you can TRY for FREE but eventually you pay for the workout programs (Which are relatively affordable IMO)

Its Called WORKOUT TRAINER by Skimble. The great thing about this app is that it gives you a variety of workouts to do.. and a four week program depending on what you are working on.. whether it be Butt, Core, Legs etc.

I started one called the Brazilian Booty.. :) Definitely worth checking out.

Both apps have instructional videos so you don't have to worry about not knowing how to do the workout. You can train yourself. GOOD LUCK!
  • georgiancreative
    georgiancreative Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I use Jillian Michaels 30 day shred- all 3 levels on You Tube. 20 minutes each day, 10 days at each level x
  • creativev7
    creativev7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have just discovered jessicasmithtv on YouTube she has some pretty good workouts
  • tobynapalm
    tobynapalm Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I've been streaming YouTube through my Wii, the Spartacus and Spartacus 2.0 workouts are great. They're intense if you do them correctly. Best of luck.
  • lorilwayne2
    lorilwayne2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Check out You tube they have all sorts of programs on there for exercise... zumba, etc. Instead of weights use cans of food... just a suggestion to start out with. There is also walking which is free and if you have a bike you could go bike riding. Good luck
  • liz3marie
    liz3marie Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I use Jillian Michaels 30 day shred- all 3 levels on You Tube. 20 minutes each day, 10 days at each level x

^ this is what im doing, free on youtube, i also like laura londons videos:)..im on day two and the 30ds is no joke! Walking or running are other options if you have a stroller.
  • goosey_mcgoose
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas!
  • darkhoplight
    Options
    One word. Calisthenics. You can get ripped. get tone. just lose weight with it. Do as much or as little as you want. I personally have had great results with it. Calisthenics are a challenge i will add. Allot harder then pushing a heavy bar away from you in my option. I think you get injured allot less to because your not using really heavy weights. You can either do the movements or you can't. Best of luck my friend!