breast reduction

Options
2»

Replies

• SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I know a friend of a friend who had a reduction last year. She said the same, chronic back pain, difficulty getting clothes to fit, awkward. I saw her on the weekend and she is still super super happy with the result. She is now a D cup.

I did notice that she's put on weight around her mid section, so I guess she's eating more but the weight has NOT increased in her chest.

Whatever you do, get a referral to see a couple of different surgeons, and get references and look at plenty of before and after shots. Make an informed decision before you go ahead with it.

Best wishes,
  • lildebbie121
    lildebbie121 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I had a BR done. I went from an H cup to a D cup. Still big, but 4 cup sizes less than I had before. The Dr. can only go as small as is safe . If I had my wish, I would have been a B cup. I didn't experience any pain after the surgery and I was surprised. I went to my Dr. to talk to him about a reduction and he told me insurance would never cover it. I went to a new Dr. and I talked to him about it and he told health insurance would probably cover it. My insurance covered everything except one co-pay. If you have any other questions, email me. It was one of the best things I have ever done.

BTW, like you, when I lost weight, my cup size didn't change.
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I have friends who have gotten breast reductions, and all but one is happy with them. The friend who isn't happy got hers done when she was in her early 20s and went from a 36 G to a 36 D. Initially she was very happy, but as she's gotten older she wished she had a bit more volume (she has a large frame).

As for me, I was a 36 DD since I grew boobs, and I have always loved it. Now that I have lost more weight I am closer to a 32 E, so I haven't lost much of my chest, even though I went from a 12 to a 6. My doctor has even asked me if a reduction is something I would be interested in, but I don't think I could ever bring myself to make them smaller - I love them! But I am not in pain or disproportionate, so I guess I really can't relate.

Either way, good luck with whatever you decide. Oh and if it causing you pain, insurance should definitely cover the procedure!
  • Osu2k1
    Osu2k1 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I plan on reducing my G's when I am down closer to my goal weight. I figure I will have a tummy tuck/skin removal at the same time (buy one get one? :laugh: ). My mom had one done 6 years ago, going from a F to C/D and is very pleased with it, except her nipples are always hard. They took out 1.5 lb of fat on each side and lipo'd the sides to firm them up (which is my big issue). For me I cannot find a bra that fits well. It's a battle and I hate it. So when I am down closer to 200, I'll look into it. My Dr. already gave me the OK for insurance.
  • ladyj_sa
    ladyj_sa Posts: 28
    Options
    I had a breast reduction 4 years ago - a 38E/F to a 38C. Best decision ever.

I would highly suggest going to see a plastic surgeon to talk it out with them. They'll be able to tell you whether your breasts have any fatty tissue (which would mean weight loss is the best solution) or if it's just breast tissue. I was not told to lose weight because there was no fatty tissue for me to lose any weight in my breasts for them to decrease in size.

I lost over 35 pounds last year and did not lose anything in my breasts - my cup size has remained exactly the same because I only have breast tissue.

If you have any questions - please feel free to message me!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    i will take some of yours.
  • LadyZephyr
    LadyZephyr Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I was offered one by my doctor for my back pain (I'm a 34F) but didn't take it, though I'm tempted to get one after I'm done with modelling. My breasts haven't changed size since I lost weight, either, so that's not always a guarantee - some women lose cup sizes, some stay the same. I think if you stay the same it means your breasts are mostly breast tissue as opposed to fat tissue.
    It's a relatively safe procedure so long as you go with someone trusted and experienced, rather than a knock-off surgeon. If you think it's best for you, I say go for it. I know what a literal pain big boobs can be, and how restrictive.