Couch to 5k-I Just started...looking for advice!

Options
Hey guys...I JUST started the couch to 5k tonight....and I got to say it was hard for the first 10 minutes (Really hard!) but it goes easier after that and I didn't want to kill myself LOL.

But was wondering if anyone on here had done it-when do you recommend doing the workouts-Mon, Wed, Frid?

Just looking for some thoughts & support!

Replies

• sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I've done the program through more than once. Do it whatever days works for you, but leave day between each running day for recovery. You can do other exercise on those days, even walking. It you don't feel ready to move on to the next week, or the next step, repeat until you are. But push yourself. Pretty much anyone can run physically run 5 kms after some work, but the hard part is the mental. Don't give up on the long runs when they come. Just keep putting one foot in front of another. Read up on how to breath properly and most of all, enjoy the process of becoming a runner.
  • LoonyBird720
    LoonyBird720 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4 of it now and I've been running on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Mondays I usually do a normal aerobic workout at my gym, then Wednesdays I play tennis. Week 4 is pretty brutal but I've made such an improvement since the beginning. Keep it up! :) Just make sure you take care of yourself and listen to your body.