Is it true...?

Options
Is it true that drinking while eating affects the digestion of ur food? Like ur supposed to either drink before or after eating??

Replies

• JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    No.
  • ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    I don't think there's any truth to it helping or affecting digestion. That being said, there are uses to it.

Drinking a full glass of water before and after your meal can help make you feel full quicker, making you be less likely to over eat.

Additionally, having a glass of water after you eat has kind of a psychological effect for some people -- if you do it often enough, the experience of drinking water, and cleaning the food taste out of your mouth as it does, will start to signal to your brain that it is the end of the meal and will help you not feel so hungry.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's any truth to it helping or affecting digestion. That being said, there are uses to it.

Drinking a full glass of water before and after your meal can help make you feel full quicker, making you be less likely to over eat.

Additionally, having a glass of water after you eat has kind of a psychological effect for some people -- if you do it often enough, the experience of drinking water, and cleaning the food taste out of your mouth as it does, will start to signal to your brain that it is the end of the meal and will help you not feel so hungry.

Excellent post here...both parts.

The majority of 'hunger' felt in todays world is based on habit, not actually needing food.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I think there is more evidence to support that people feel fuller when drinking during meals than the latter of what you asked.
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options

Ok this makes sense.
  • vkw1
    vkw1 Posts: 88
    Options
    not sure but when I was doing home ec in high school the teacher would not allow us to eat and drink at the same time because glasses were harder to wash when they had greasy lip prints on them LOL