Jumped back 'on' the wagon

Options
So... I have gained back about half of what I lost last year (roughly 30 lbs gained back) and I am not happy about it. I started out really good, then had a major setback last fall and now I am recouping from it. In the past I spent a long time yo yo'ing up and down in size. I want to lose the weight and just maintain instead of plateau and gain and lose and plateau, etc etc. I am looking for people who need a nudge - or sometimes a shove, in the right direction and will help me do the same, even if it is just to slap that extra chicken wing out of my hands. :)

Replies

• emilyrobe
    emilyrobe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm back on the wagon as well. Lost about 16 lbs last year and then lost another 7 on MFP but fell off the wagon around the time I went to university and now I desperately need to lose some more as it's creeping back on and I have the summer off where I'd like to be motivated to eat better/exercise more.

Would love to connect :)

Emily
  • JaimeMWS
    JaimeMWS Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm in a similar place. I lost a bunch of weight last year, and discovered an exercise I actually love (rowing), but have been actively overeating since about Thanksgiving and put weight back on. I'm looking for companions on the way who will help me stay motivated when losing weight isn't new and exciting anymore. I'm 56 years old, female, working part-time and a recent empty-nester with aging parents nearby.
  • pattiwilson72
    Options
    Same here, I was doing really well, up until December of last year. I had lost 10lbs, and now gained most of it back. So I am back on the wagon, logging my food and trying to exercise daily. Summer will be here before we know it, and I want to go to the beach, and not be embarrased. A lot of work ahead of me, but I know that I can, with a swift kick in the butt. LOL.
  • CakeM0m
    CakeM0m Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you all! I will be checking in on my progress every day (or at least try to lol) I am going to keep a daily food journal along with this one to make sure I stick to my guns here. :) We can do this!!
  • jdekost81
    jdekost81 Posts: 12
    Options
    In the same boat....lost 60 last year, and gained back 35 or so between the holdiays and being a bum over the winter. Trying really hard to get back at it, I was doing so great. We can do this!!
  • bearzy2u
    bearzy2u Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I guess we all are in the same boat. I lost 27 lbs and gained back 15 over the winter. My place of employment is doing a health awareness and weight loss contest with 5 ppl on a team. this web site and the contest (with cash prizes ) will help me get back on the wagon. Nice to have ppl who understand.:flowerforyou:
  • gregre04
    gregre04 Posts: 91
    Options
    Hi Cakemom
    This is my second try at MFP and I have been struggling so much. I lost 27lbs last summer and gained most of it back. I really understand how tough this is and how we all have our ups and downs, you can add me, I will be there for the good and bad.
  • liketoyak
    liketoyak Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I've been on here since August. Lost about 18 and have stayed around there. Attempting to lose some more in the next 8 weeks before life gets crazy for 4. Requesting all. Need some more support!

M
  • cablesister
    Options
    boy do I know the feeling....I lost then gained. I'm almost to where I was when I stopped last time. I think the big difference for me this time is logging in everyday. I feel like it helps me understand the impact of various types of food has on my body. I've learn sugar is not my friend. Feel free to add me...
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it! I lost 28 pounds and then I got hurt and couldn't exercise. I gained back 14 of those lost pounds. I have been cleared to start exercising again. So I'm going to start walking my 2 miles a day again. Add me if you like. We can do this!