At home routines?

Options
I have a gym membership...but haven't been in months. It's only $10 a month so it doesn't hurt too much in my bank account. I'm also getting the Insanity discs.

I just purchased an exercise mat and a kettleball...

I have Zumba for my Wii...

I'm looking for some at home exercises for when I don't feel like (which has been months) going to the gym.

What type of work outs do you do...what other pieces of "equipment" do I need for a successful at home work out.

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    A successful workout is one that you'll do. I work out at home. I lift three tmea a week, and I run three tmes a week. I also stow core workouts and yoga when I can fit it in. My equipment is a bar, plates, rack, bench, treadmill, PS3 with YouTube and a DVD player and workout DVDs.
  • GnomeLover1984
    Options
    I do Just Dance 2 and also My Fitness Coach for yoga (both on the Wii). I walk my dog up and down a 1.5 mile hill everyday too.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    30 day shred was good with minimal equipment.
  • rendonjr
    rendonjr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
  • daniellelee87
    Options
    Check this out, it's exactly what you're looking for!! My trainer really knows his stuff, and he's expanding to provide routines on this site. It's only $5 and you get 4 different workouts that you can do at home with minimal equipment! Great bang for your buck for sure :)http://fiverr.com/tnl_fitness/show-you-how-to-get-stronger-and-lose-weight-at-home
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    my daughter is quite ill so I could not get to the gym so I did the 30 day shred and this home metabolics workout to replace my 30 day shred and my normal gym routine.

http://pinterest.com/pin/101471797826706662/.
  • ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Bodydbuilding.com has a lot to choose from, and have videos as well.
    Youtube is great for that as well

You ipod/iphone is a great scource of help. There are countless apps that do nothing but give you ideas and tips
    Some of my favorites: Gorilla workout; Spartan 300 workout; Workouts by skimble; and Workout buddy.

Hope that helps.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I use the EA Active game with my Wii.
  • lsumomma
    lsumomma Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Check out fitnessblender.com.
  • mztamaraann
    mztamaraann Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Insanity will keep you pretty busy for a while. I tried it for the first time yesterday, and it was intense and amazing.