Thinking about buying a FitBit...Is it worth it?

Options
13»

Replies

• ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    me too
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I have a One. It's great. It looks all pretty sat in a bag of rice following an incident with a washing cycle. No pretty lights though..... :'(
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    The bodymedia is $119 on Amazon, but it costs money every month to have the subscription. The Fitbit functions without a paid subscription.
  • baddbob
    baddbob Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Fitbit Rocks. I attribute my success to a combination of Fitbit and my MFP friends (and my Harleys of course).
  • atoz133
    atoz133 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    LOVE my Fitbit One!! I've had it for a month and I find myself walking so much more! I do everything I can to get those extra steps in! Best money I've spent!!!!!
  • bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    I have the One and I love it. I find myself walking ont he spot sometimes when I'm waiting for things like the water to boil. I have really been aiming for my 10,000 steps latterly because I've been doing Insanity rather than the cross trainer.
  • jrbb03092
    jrbb03092 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have a One. It's great. It looks all pretty sat in a bag of rice following an incident with a washing cycle. No pretty lights though..... :'(

Make sure you contact customer service if it doesn't revive. They seem to have a history of replacing them.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Preorder for the flex is sold out, but I don't think anyone has received one yet. I'm on the "notify" list for when the flex is actually available.

I had one of the first Fitbit generations (pre-Ultra). I loved it. I wore it all the time, it gave me great data, and it was awesome. I killed it with sweat. LOL Seriously, I wore it on the strap of my sports bra while working out and it died because of sweat. I emailed the company to ask if there was anything I could do to fix it, and they sent me a brand new Ultra for free!! They didn't even want the old one back. Previously, I had emailed them to ask about a clip and wristband because I couldn't find mine - they sent me those for free too. Honestly, I can't say enough about their awesome customer service.

I love my ultra. I wear it in the center of my bra (I use the clip and put the Ultra into the clip). It gives me even more data than my original one. I am, however, not wearing it for working out other than for walking. I don't dare get it sweaty again. LOL I was leaning toward the One (mostly because it syncs wirelessly and is sweatproof) but now I think I will probably go with the Flex. I like having the stairs climbed, but it's not essential. Wireless syncing though is pretty much a must have for me now - I don't like having to put my Ultra on the docking station or at least be near the docking station to make sure that my data is in. I would much rather have it just do it automatically with my phone, which is always with me.
  • jabercrombie0780
    jabercrombie0780 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have the FitBit Ultra. I got it last summer and have worn it religiously ever since. I used to wear a BodyBugg (which looks exactly the same as BodyFit, and I find the FitBit is about the same in terms of accuracy. What really makes the FitBit better, IMHO, are three things: 1) you don't have to pay for a subscription on top of dropping a bunch of cash on the device itself 2) it's discreet. Easily worn in the pocket (which is what I do about 90% of the time, and easily clipped to a bra if you're wearing a dress or something without pockets. 3) to monitor your sleep, the little wristband that comes with the FitBit is WAY more comfortable than wearing an elastic strap on your arm. With my BodyBugg, another downside was that it actually put a bit of an indent on my bicep. It's taken me a while to get it to go away, and no matter how loose I wore the BodyBugg, it still happened.