Work-Out Playlist

Options
Hello all, I've recently had this sudden burst of energy and started working out 5 days a week but came across a problem. Every time I go to the gym and been listening to my iPod, I noticed that I don't really have a lot of energetic, fun, pump me up music. I do however have an abundance of sappy, emotional, dark music which I normally love but it really drags me down during my work out.

Does anybody have any work out song suggestions that can get me psyched while at the gym? :)

Replies

• jfurrrr
    jfurrrr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I feel a burst of energy during my workouts whenever a Kesha or David Guetta song comes on.
  • garryt1980
    garryt1980 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Caramelldansen!
  • gigi_RN2013
    gigi_RN2013 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I looked this song up and it sounds fun! Thanks :bigsmile:
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    if it was one song id say eminem till i collapse but the whole eminem pandora is great if you like rap
  • ggil_84
    ggil_84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Flo Rida on Pandora gets me pumped
  • JessicaHeathfield
    JessicaHeathfield Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I like to listen to Sail by Owlnation when I do weights. When I do cardio I listen to rap/r&b, dubstep or something with a good bass to keep me going :)
  • Becky5pal
    Options
    I was at Sams one day and I found a set of cds called Cardio Groves. All 3 are excellent. Gets me going anytime of the day.
    Really going! :bigsmile: Kind of Zumba type music
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    The last Swedish house mafia and Calvin Harris albums. I listen to SHM most of my workout...
  • EllaIsNotEnchanted
    EllaIsNotEnchanted Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    The last Swedish house mafia and Calvin Harris albums. I listen to SHM most of my workout...

yeah, edm music.
    Go to Pandora and put in SHM and Tiesto and stuff like that.
    Add some pop music as well like the cataracs
    and old school 90s pump up music like --- space jam's theme.

You'll be going at it.
  • MaratTX
    MaratTX Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Check out songs by Robyn. Her songs are very workout friendly.
  • camiann585
    camiann585 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Workout mixes on steadymixes.com
  • gigi_RN2013
    gigi_RN2013 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba music ! I'll try to find it on iTunes. Thanks!
  • xcmtnracer
    xcmtnracer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Sirius XM Octane stuff on the bike, Pandora with Skrillex on the versa-climber.
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I mostly listen to Britney, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, NSYNC, and Lady Gaga
  • absinthia70
    absinthia70 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Girl Talk, All Day - http://illegal-art.net/allday/
  • bfpower
    bfpower Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I could help you... lately I've been listening to Smashing Pumpkins (Machina I) and Switchfoot (all albums). I put my Irish station on sometimes for cardio and my classic punk station for strength.
  • thatonepersonfromtheinternet
    Options
    I find anything with an upbeat for me works well. I'd recommend Florence and the Machine as a quarter of any of my work out playlists have her songs
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I listen more to Pandora when I am working out. My taste of music jumps around on a daily basis. One day I will like heavy metal, another hip hop, another rock, etc...

But when I on the elliptical or bike, I watch Netflix. I am on a Ghost Hunters kick right now :)
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Metal. Lots and lots of metal. Boom by P.O.D. is excellent for getting me moving.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Toby Mac! Always a win.