0_0 HELP

Options
I'm getting really sick of eating the same snacks everyday .. can yall give me some good ideas about some healthy snacks that will fill me up and keep me from over eating ? i work untill 1030 PM and usually when i get off im STARVING ;( what can i do to stop this ? it seems like im hungry all the time ..doesnt matter how much I eat i'm always hungry ! help me loves

Replies

• xxcooneyxx
    xxcooneyxx Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Berries, Beans, Veggies, all keep me full for a long time and are pretty low calorie.
  • xxcooneyxx
    xxcooneyxx Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    also, sorry to post again, but i find that if I let myself get too hungry then I tend to over eat. If you can't snack at work, then when you get home make a normal meal, eat it, and then set a timer for 30-90 min (depending on how many calories you have left or how long you can stand it) and make sure you are NOT ALLOWED to eat again until the timer goes off. If you only give your body some time to realize you have already fed it, it will turn off the "Eat everything in the kitchen" alarm.
  • megemeese
    megemeese Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    :heart: :happy: thanks love for your input ! noted !
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I don't know how 'healthy' my suggestions will be but I like these snacks

Popchips, tastes just like chips but a large bowl of them is only 170 cals
    Iogo 0% Yogurt with Frozen Raspberries
    Twistos, tastes like flavoured croutons, about 90 cals per serving
    Apples dipped in cinnamon and splenda (if you're ok with artificial sweeteners) or peanut butter
  • megemeese
    Options
    I don't know how 'healthy' my suggestions will be but I like these snacks

Popchips, tastes just like chips but a large bowl of them is only 170 cals
    Iogo 0% Yogurt with Frozen Raspberries
    Twistos, tastes like flavoured croutons, about 90 cals per serving
    Apples dipped in cinnamon and splenda (if you're ok with artificial sweeteners) or peanut butter

=very helpul THANKS
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Try snacks with protein in them. Tuna and crackers keeps me full much longer than most things.

Also:
    Cherry tomatoes
    Apple slices
    Watermelon(full of water!)
    Cucumber
    Etc

Bread and grains don't keep me full for long.
  • megemeese
    Options
    Try snacks with protein in them. Tuna and crackers keeps me full much longer than most things.

Also:
    Cherry tomatoes
    Apple slices
    Watermelon(full of water!)
    Cucumber
    Etc

Bread and grains don't keep me full for long.

awesome thanks :)
  • chercee
    chercee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Pistachios! You can have 25 of them for 100 calories (unsalted) and I find they're filling. Additionally, the little boost of protein is a nice benefit.
  • jgcurry3
    jgcurry3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, almonds, granola.
    Protein shake, apple, almonds.
  • tracygolden
    tracygolden Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am low carb..not low fat so I eat pepperonis.....
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I've been eating half a serving of oatmeal with 2 tsp of brown sugar and cinnamon and some blueberries lately...it's so yummy!
  • TXtstorm
    TXtstorm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My work day is timed differently than yours, but I have some of the same issues with being too hungry at the end of the day and wanting to eat everything in sight when I get home. For me, the days that I keep my carbs in check (not really low carb, but definitely controlled) and eat plenty of protein control my hunger best. I also find that I'm better off to eat a snack late in my workday than to leave work hungry, have a 1/2 hour commute, and then try to make and eat only a reasonable meal when I get home.

Snack ideas:

Berries and cottage cheese
    Apple slices with peanut butter, dipped in low calorie yogurt, or eaten with a cheese stick, preferrably something like pepperjack or chipotle cheddar
    Boiled egg... I like to slice it, smear it with just a little bit of spicy mustard, and sprinkle it with a tiny bit of onion powder or paprika or dried dill... tastes a bit like deviled eggs.
    Hummus with celery sticks and red bell pepper strips
    A small tomato hollowed out and filled with tuna
    1 oz of nuts... not low calorie, but reasonably filling
    Thaw half a dozen frozen shrimp and eat them with a tablespoon of shrimp sauce. Or roll them up in a lettuce leaf with a teaspoon of Thai peanut sauce or salad dressing of your choice.
    Here's a weird one for you... an Oscar Mayer fat-free turkey frank or lean beef frank (40 or 60 calories respectively) and 1/2 a cup of sauerkraut. Obviously this is one to avoid if sodium presents an issue for you.
    Greek yogurt with a tablespoon or two of granola for texture contrast and yum.

Good luck!
  • megemeese
    Options
    thanks everyone for the awesome ideas ! good luck to all
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    my snacks are usually peanut butter, yoghurt, cheese
  • rlstock1
    rlstock1 Posts: 3
    Options
    do you start every meal and every snack with water?
  • megemeese
    Options
    do you start every meal and every snack with water?
    yeah i drink about 8 bottles a day