The afternoon crash...

Options
How do you avoid it? Around 12ish I start craving carbs, carbs, and more carbs... What can I do to keep this from happening? I have been trying different breakfast/ lunch combos but I can't find anything that works very well. For breakfast I normally have 1/2 c greek yogurt, some type of fruit and either 1/4 oatmeal mixed in or a piece of whole wheat toast. For lunch it's typically 2 Tbsp peanut butter on 2 slices whole wheat bread with a granny smith apple. Any suggestions as to what I can do? I have not been doing so great at fighting the cravings :embarassed:

Replies

• EmoJew
    EmoJew Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Try a more protein heavy breakfast, like eggs and some cheese, followed by greek yoghurt.

Same for lunch, chicken and some veg.

Lose the apples. They just spike blood sugar and make you more hungry for carbs/sweets etc.
    I find saving most of my carbs for the evening helps.
  • TallyFlores
    TallyFlores Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try a more protein heavy breakfast, like eggs and some cheese, followed by greek yoghurt.

I agree with adding more protein to your breakfast. Boil eggs in advance, and then just eat the egg with your breakfast in the morning. It's a fast and easy way to add the protein, and to skip the extra calories just eat the egg white. One large egg=70 calories & 6g of protein; one large egg white=17 calories & 4g of protein. So the white has most of the protein but way less calories.

Also, try adding a mid-morning snack. Maybe some veggies, or cottage cheese.
  • hadley0910
    hadley0910 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I don't eat eggs (I tried, really, but I just can't stand the texture!) but I will try to fnd something to up the protein in the morning.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    you could have something like grapes with a bit of cheese and nuts.