Baked potatoes

Options
13»

Replies

• browneyesbb89
    browneyesbb89 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I love them! I often will eat just that for dinner. I wash it, poke with fork several times, cook in microwave for 3-5 minutes depending on the size, then top with I can't believe its not butter spray, sour cream, and light ranch, and I am good to go. I will sometimes have a side salad with it. Yummy!
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I changed my food diary and had a jacket potatoe for tea tonight wiht some stir fried turkey and 2 tsp red thai paste with 2 tbsp nat yogurt was lovely .
  • wannbAhottie
    wannbAhottie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am a baked potato lover myself..... I love to BBQ them on the BBQer! Wrap 'em up in some tin foil and let it cook! depending on what's going on the grill I might have to nook them in the microwave to soften them up just a tad.
    I have also tried of cauliflower mashed and added to my baked potato mixed with my brummel and brown yogurt/butter and a lil' sour cream (add whatever you want). The cauliflower just add's more filling with less calories if your eating your baked potato as a meal.
    As a matter of fact I was wondering what I was going to have for dinner and now I think I know.......a big ol' grilled baked potato! YUMMM.
    Thank you everyone for these fantabulous ideas.
  • KimmyBee
    KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I love baked potatoes but it saddens me that tuna has not been mentioned yet!

Its the best filling ever, just mix some tinned tuna with a little light mayo, and maybe some sweetcorn, and its amazing :heart:

Coleslaw is another nice one that has yet to be mentioned!
  • wannbAhottie
    wannbAhottie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Okay, so you can imagine my horror when I realized I forgot to add that the cauliflower has to be cooked. Don't even wanna think of raw cauliflower chunks in my baked potato!!
  • nursestewart
    nursestewart Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I found that if you wash your potato (of your choice) and put them in a crock pot/slow cooker on high for 4 hours with 1/2 cup of water they are perfect (light, fluffy, moist)..... I do this when I get to work and by lunch time I have a great potato......or if you have the option put your crock pot/slow cooker on a delay and they will be ready when you get home...
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    oh forgot about tuna ,tuna, light mayo,cucumber,celery all finely diced is lovely ,as is chilli or curry .
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    i thought i invented the baked potato w/ 2 tbs of salsa thing!!! lol i guess not!
    i love baked potatoes!!!
  • chelseap891
    Options
    Ever tried sweet potatoes? They are good!
  • rmwilliams0519
    Options
    I cut up some onion, muchrooms, and green peppers saute them in a skillet (no butter just butter flavored cooking spray) and put that over my baked potatoe

if i'm feeling really dareing i sometimes add a little fat free parmasean cheese

Or those Green Giant Steamable veggies are always good on top too.

My co-workers tease me on days I don't eat a baked potatoe for lunch LOL
  • dabean003
    dabean003 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Chicken broccoli and cheddar pototoes are the best thing ever! A meal all in itself!
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    OK baked potato fans, is there any way to make a few in advance, freeze them, and reheat later? Like, is there a method to do that that works well?

They sell potatoes in my produce section that are in a plastic wrap already. It takes 6-7 minutes in the microwave and it tastes pretty moist and good. They are usually around 88 cents. It is more pricey than regular potatoes, but as someone that is a single student it is more cost effective for me and fast. You should try it out.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    My favorite way is to eat them doused w/ some Worchestershire sauce and then cottage cheese and sprinkled w/ pepper. :bigsmile: Great w/ a chicken breast and steamed broccoli or other veggies.

Oh, and my Mom gave me this fabric bag that you put the potato in and microwave for about 6 minutes. A friend of hers makes them. It is awesome for baked sweet or regular potatoes!!
  • Swetypie84
    Swetypie84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Baked potato with cottage cheese

Even if you're not a cottage cheese fan, try it. I PROMISE you will like it. I can't explain it, just try it. My friend actually started putting a little bit of salsa on it too just to give it a little move flavor. If you use fat free cottage cheese it's super healthy!
  • WindHauler
    WindHauler Posts: 35
    Options
    Baked Potatoes are great, I love them too. I use to put ranch on it a weird as it sounds it was pretty good. Since you brought it up I should load up on these and cook them and heat them up in the microwave for meals. I bet adding Louisianna hot sauce, texas pete, and maybe even tabasco would make a great sauce! Sounds good to me.
  • kpaulsen
    kpaulsen Posts: 25
    Options
    During these summer months, I can't think of anything better than having baked potatoes while camping. A microwave potato will do, and oven baked potatoes are usually my go-to. However, Cooking a baked potato in a campfire is possibly the most delicious thing in the world.

Especially this 4th of July weekend, don't forget to pack some potatoes on your camping trip! With all the suggestions on this threat, it is bound to be a hit with everyone. Even if you want to have a bunch of different options, all you would have to pack is:
    -salsa
    -low fat butter, cheese or sour cream
    -dill
    -low fat feta
    -salad spritzer dressing
    -Cholula hot sauce
    -S&P

I'm really excited to try the cottage cheese!
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    I found that if you wash your potato (of your choice) and put them in a crock pot/slow cooker on high for 4 hours with 1/2 cup of water they are perfect (light, fluffy, moist)..... I do this when I get to work and by lunch time I have a great potato......or if you have the option put your crock pot/slow cooker on a delay and they will be ready when you get home...

Brilliant. I think I'll have to try this.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Wash and scrub well - poke with a two tine fork 4-5 times. 400 degrees for an hour. I put them in the oven and leave to go walk the dog for an hour. When I return I have yummy baked potatos. A bit of Brummel & Brown and a bit of Fage 0% Greek Yogurt (a GREAT substitute for sour cream) and we are all set!