Mio Active? Garmin? Timex? ahhhhh!!!

Options
cinrn68
cinrn68 Posts: 215 Member
Anyone who has one and loves it? I'm looking into getting a HRM (with gps for running outside). I'm trying to decide on the best bang for the buck among all the myriad of choices out there!! Help!

Replies

• mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Polar, best by far. I love my FT7
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I've got a suunto and a garmin. Both are good choices.
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Garmin for me
  • MommaRoseFitness
    MommaRoseFitness Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Garmin and Polar are the two that I use.
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Garmin. I have a Forerunner 305, and am wanting to upgrade to the 910.

Here's a very thorough resource for figuring this stuff out:
    http://www.dcrainmaker.com/
  • IHTSM
    IHTSM Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Garmin is awesome because its all built in 1 - polar is good, but you have to get all the separate parts for the GPS which is annoying to wear (though i think a tiny bit cheaper)

I switched to Garmin last year and LOVE IT!!!!!!!! It's a Garmin forerunner 410 and its just the best
  • jamimari777
    jamimari777 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin FR70 and LOVE it. I dont' need the GPS, honestly. I use a Garmin 205 for mountain biking, but it's huge and has no option for a heart rate monitor available. The 305 - has a heart rate monitor and is gereat! But it's huge to wear on your wrist. It also has a lot of features that I will never use.

I tried the Garmin 210, but did not like the charger - it was a decent watch, has GPS, but wasn't as durable for me, so I returned it to REI (REI is a great place to purchase items because of their return policy.)

Now I have the FR70. It has a footpod for running - works indoors or out, has options to change what info is displayed on the watch. Has a timer, stop watch, laps, intervals, training partner, will work on a bike with an additional sensor - and the best part is the heart rate monitor and strap.

The higher end strap rocks - I never feel it. I'm very hard on my fitness gadgets and the FR70 looks brand new, the heart rate monitor always works without wetting it, and I love the way it displays info - plus it's an affordable watch that has a lot of options. I use it in the gym lifting, when running outdoors, when running on trails. And the size is great.

I looked at everything on the market - also - check out this website for more info than you'll ever need: Fantastic indepth reviews:

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I am on my 3rd Garmin now (first was was lost to puppy teeth, second at a race). There is a reason I keep buying them. I've had no issues with them at all, customer service is great and I like the features.
  • ampeterson69
    Options
    Garmin for me as well. Have had it for about 2 months and love it!
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin Forerunner 305 and I love it. When I was shopping around for a watch, this was highly recommended, and I found that the best price for it was at Costco (mind you, this was over a year ago).
  • cinrn68
    cinrn68 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the input!! Much appreciated. I was already leaning toward Garmin and I think with all the positive reviews that's what I'll be looking to buy. Again, thanks!