200+ (Week 36) Sizzlin' Through Summer

Options

Replies

• Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Victoria right now I'm listening to book two in the Gentleman *kitten* series by Scott Lynch. The books are fantastic and the narrator is one of the best I've listened to. He's amazing with voices. And I also get one book from the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher each month. I have a membership with audible.com! Two books per month for $23.00. Can't beat that! For audiobooks I tend to like the ones about magic and such, for reading lately chick lit works since it's easy and fun.

Kendall good luck with the open house today.

Kristina have Fun Shopping! I'm dying to make a stock up trip to Whole Foods in Portland again. I love that store.

I'm going to make some pancakes and then who knows. Probably staying inside since my allergies are torturing me like never before.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Not. One. Single. Person. Showed. Up.

:indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent:

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Kendal- so.not.cool. Sorry to hear about the open house. An absolute bummer.

Today was quite a nice day. Productive, but also relaxing. My check in:
    2381 needed to maintain
    1912 eaten/ 549 burned/ -1018 day/-2689 week

Even though eating wasn't super on point this weekend, I was glad to see I was back at 186 this morning (my weigh in from the week before last). Now, if it'll just stay on the downward trend. Did a little over 45 min on the elliptical today. Was bored out of my mind for some reason (maybe too many talk of the nation podcasts? a little dry), so didn't do the full hour, though worked out hard for those minutes I was on. Did some work around the condo, but nothing too crazy. Cooked a curried fried rice with chickpeas, green beans, and tomatoes for lunches this week, and went grocery shopping for other food for this week. I"m thinking a sauteed peppers, onions, and tempeh over couscous perhaps? I need to get on the healthy eating bandwagon. I went out too much the past couple of weeks, and it's thrown me off the wagon a bit. Need to get my eating palate back up to snuff. My eye was on way too many naughty things at the store today- things that haven't phased me in months- break and bake cookies?? Come on, Kristina! *slaps self*

Tomorrow will be an uber hectic day. No cardio for me. Work shouldn't be TERRIBLE, but I have an electrician coming to the condo at some point tomorrow morning/afternoon to fix an outlet, so I'll need to run by from work for that, need to take a trip up to campus to get materials for the study, have my group in the evening (really like these folks, but DEFINITELY glad this is the last session of this cohort. Monday nights are not good for me), then a concert in town- Joshua James- singer/songwriter, who's stuff I just recently started digging. So yeah, very late evening.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Keep your bodies moving!
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    Kendal - Bummer about the showing. That's one thing that makes me glad we aren't putting our house on the market until we're all moved out. I'm sure it's frustrating to clean and organize everything "just so" only to find out no one even came. Hopefully you'll get a nibble (offer) soon.

Kristina - Enjoy the concert tomorrow night. Your meals sound delish!

Lacey - Any good chick lit/fluff recommendations? I'm currently reading Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex, which is non-fiction. The author is hilarious (not to mention the subject) but it has taken me more than 2 months to get halfway through. It just doesn't hold my attention like the easy readers do. Hope your allergies haven't left you too worn out.

Yesterday's check-in: 1448 eaten, 12 under goal
    Today's check-in: 1428 eaten, 299 under goal

Off work the next 3 days, then the kids and I are driving the 14 hrs to SC to visit my husband (and baby daddy) at our new place. We'll be back the following Friday. Minus the hubby, of course. Hoping I can stick with my exercise and eating habits while away from "home".
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    It's Monday, It's Monday!!! Next weekend is my favorite time of the year - I love fireworks... Got my bike ride in today. Wimped out on calorie burn around 700 yesterday. Burning 1000 ex cal is a ton of work. Today is another long work day. Plans for the week are to spend my money - we need a new hot tub cover and I want a new bike. I've been riding a $20 garage sale bike. I'd like one with a padded seat. (*dreams big soft cushion*)... Gotta run and get ready.
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Victoria- 700 calories is nothing to feel bad about! Dang girl- especially biking, which doesn't burn as much, as say running or ellipticaling. Way to go for getting another ride in. If my butt could just get up in the morning when it's cooler, I would do that, but it's just not realistic for me. If you're serious about getting your bicycling on, you should definitely upgrade for the garage sale special.

Hope everyone's day is going well. A long one for me, but so far, so good.
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Victoria, all your talk of riding has me wanting to pull my bike back out, I haven't riden since my tanning sessions. My son has a baseball camp next week, I'm wondering if I can get him to ride to town everyday??? Worth a shot to ask him.

Hope everyone is having a great week...I have been a little on the sore and tired side this week....it has been really humid and I think that must be taking a toll on me...

I have been feeling really full trying to get all of my calories in....I look forward to next week, 2200 I can do, but higher than that and I don't know if it's a head thing or what...but I just feel sick....

I wonder how much I have gained???? I know I have, I pair of shorts that I could wear were a little snug on me this weekend....I keeping reminding myself, short term for the long haul!
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Debra- the humidity has definitely been affecting me as well. You're not alone! And you're so right- you're in it for the long haul, so if short-term, you gain a bit of weight in order in the long run to be healthy, do it! Good attitude.

Morning ladies! It's cooler outside today. YES! And should be for the next couple of days here. Highs in the 70s. You know what that means, right? It means Kristina needs to get her booty outside and run while she can handle the weather! I have a somewhat late evening tonight at work again, with an individual session at 5:30, so I won't get home until later, but it should still be fine to go for a run then. It might not be a gynormously long run, but I want to hit 3 miles. As I've been running inconsistently, I don't know how good my stamina is. So yeah, that's the plan.

Oh, check in for yesterday:
    2381 needed to maintain
    1788 eaten/ 0 burned/ -593 day/-3282 week
    No exercise really, as I had a late evening at work and just wanted to collapse when I got home. The scale continues to move in a downward trend though, which is nice. I'm hoping it'll at least hold out for Friday. I think next week will be TOM again (UGH- seriously, has it been a month already?), so that'll shoot any loss out the window that week. Nice. *grumbles*

Hope everyone has been doing okay. This thread has been quieter these past couple of weeks. Are peeps just busy, or what? Need a kick in the butt with motivation? I don't want to lose peeps! I :heart: you guys!
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    yeah it has been a lot quieter around here lately. I'm just trucking along. I've been on and off the wagon....lately I've been mostly on (except for the weekends). I'm seriously stressed to all hell about money. Turns out that after paying my bills this month, I am already in the hole $140. So food and gas and dog food and tampons and shampoo and car taxes and an oil change all push me farther in the red. I still have money that Joey had given me, so my bank account isn't negative, I'm just spending more than I'm making and that won't last forever. I went home and cried last night. (better than going home and eating) I need the house to sell, but maybe God is keeping me in the house so I won't have to be separated from Lexi. When the house sells, I plan on moving in with my friends and I'll have to put Lexi outside on a tie out. :frown: Plus, my friends would charge me about $70 less than what I pay on my mortgage now and then I'd have to pay for all my stuff to go in storage. Other than the utilities, I won't be saving THAT MUCH. (Their house is about 10-15 minutes further away from work so I'd also be spending more in gas.)

yeah...so thats whats going on in the life of Kendal....
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    bumping the thread cause it needs it
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Kendal- you definitely have a lot of things on your mind. Something you'll need to think about: if it's really financially worth moving out or not. Stress can certainly be damaging to both your mood and your ability to make food choices. It sounds like you've upped the cardio in the past few weeks, which is a good healthier outlet and eating everything you're craving (which will make you feel crapper physically and emotionally when you think about what you did).

It was such nice weather, so I took a long lunch and ran... and faceplanted. Nice eh? Less than a mile into my planned 4 mile run, I tripped on something and slid along the concrete. My hands and side of one arm are sore, and both my knees are red and scratched up. I hope it's just cosmetic and I didn't really hurt myself. The knees are a little tender at the moment. I still managed to run some more and did a little over 2 miles (2.41). Not as long as I wanted, but at least I got out there and it felt good till I tripped AND I ran under a 12 min mile average. YES! So at least speedier.

Food was all right today. A bit more carby than I should have tonight, and I've gotten into a bit of a habit of having a glass of wine while reading out on the deck, but it's not too many extra calories (if I just stick to a glass).

Hope everyone is doing okay.

Anyone have plans for the holiday weekend?
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Kristina- The reason I have to sell the house is because its currently in mine AND JOEY'S names. The loan is both of ours. He's paying half the mortgage. Joey said he would sign the house over to me, but his name is still on the loan and I can't afford it on my own. I realized that I don't want to move, so I need to quit stressing that it hasn't sold yet. I need to focus on getting a second job and somehow reorganizing my debt.

I went to zumba tonight. She was kicking our butts for some reason....one up tempo song after another. Burned 880 cals. Then they were starting a belly dancing class. Its supposed to cost $50 for members to join this class but since it was the first one, they offered to let people in the zumba class stay for free. OMG. Burned another 736 cals. Thats right! 1616 cals burned today. Thats more than I EAT in a day. Whats funny is there were about 6-7 of us who stayed from zumba....by the end of the belly dancing class, it was me and one other lady.

Class ended around 8:40, got home right before 9. Sat on the phone talking to Taylor for a few minutes while getting some strength to use my brain and figure out what to eat. Figured since I had so many extra cals I could "treat" myself to mac and cheese (put peas and carrots in it to have at least a LITTLE nutritional value lol). While I was waiting for the water to boil I came to the computer to start logging my info and noticed a new bump on Lexi's neck. It was a tick. GREAT. I spent about 30-40 minutes laying on the kitchen floor trying to get this tick off her. Called my dad, then mom called me, then I called the vet. The vet told me it is ok to use tweezers and pull it out. (I think with all the soap, nail polish remover and rubbing alcohol I killed it but the head was still in.) So yeah....its now 10pm and I just finished my supper. I had to turn the stove off while I was dealing with Lexi cause it was going to burn.

Deadliest Catch didn't record for some stupid stupid reason tonight! It supposed to re-air at midnight and its set to record. This is the episode where Phil goes to the hospital (its the stroke that eventually killed him).

and ps....can someone remind me to wash my clothes on Monday nights from now on?? I had to re-wear my bras and tops tonight. :ohwell: :blushing: I choose the one the smelled the least and I lightly sprayed myself with body spray before I left (on top of the obligatory fresh deodorant). I don't think I was funky.

I randomly took a half day off work tomorrow. I will have the morning off cause I have training all tomorrow afternoon. It'll be good so I can check on Lexi's neck (it was the underside of her chin) and I also need to get my car inspected and go pay for my registration and stuff.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Oh pals - summer life is so busy. I only have a min to check-in. Kendal - good luck with the house and Lexie. Maybe you can find a roommate or two to help with expenses? Kristina - I hope you're okay from the fall. Debra - good luck with the game tomorrow and enjoy your last week of taking it easy. I hope your metabolism has reset.

Not much to report in life except my garden is doing well, the house is cleaned and ready for company, I managed to get caught up for work, and I've been exercising like crazy... If luck holds, the scale will move again this week!!!

I'll to catch up later.
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Checking in from yesterday:
    2381 needed to maintain
    1812 eaten/ 545 burned/ -1114day/-4396 week

As I mentioned before, got a 2.4 mile run in (over 5.0mph!), and walked to and from work (~1 mile total each time) twice, so a decent distance.

Plan for today is that I'm currently at the other clinic, but if I leave early enough, to park at my place and walk to work and back. Also, to get another run in today. I probably will have to do a shorter one again today because I'm still a bit tender after my fall yesterday. My knees are skinned up, but they don't really hurt when I walk or anything, so I'd like to maybe get another run in today. Will go for the same route as yesterday, and add some distance to the 2.4 if I feel up to it... if not, at least the same from yesterday, and hopefully continue with my speeding up.

Okay rest of the week ahead in terms of work. Hope everyone is doing well.

Kendal- way to make it through TWO intense classes. *high fives* very impressive. I hope you're proud of yourself!! Hope everything is okay with Lexi!

Victoria- hope your gardening continues to go well! *fingers crossed for another scale movement*
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Happy Middle of the Week!
    It's been a crazy week at work...end of the month and highest sales to date. Everyone is in a really great mood and working hard adn TOGETHER to get it done. Hallelujah on that one!

I'm having some breathing issues a couple times this week. Not sure whats causing it but its almost enough to go to urgent care for a cortizone shot for the swelling. Its like my airways down near my lungs swell up and feel all spongy and little so I'm laboring to breathe. My stomach hurts from the episode yesterday afternoon/night. Highly annoying.

Anyways, haven't worked out...haven't tracked food but got on the scale this morning and it said 204.5. Damnedest thing really. I will see what it says Friday morning.

PLans for weekend: wedding on Saturday...refinishing our deck Sunday and Monday. Cannot wait to get it done!
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    So I was thinking...I had a vague goal in the back of my head to lose 50 pounds in a year. That means I have until Oct 1st to lose another 15 pounds. That is totally attainable. I don't want to jinx my weigh in this week, but I'm already down 2.4 from last week! Hopefully that'll stick around. I was debating whether I should work out tonight but I think I will. The weather finally cooled down today and I went to the store this morning so I have no reason not to.

Besides, if every day was like yeterday, I'd weigh 205.9 in 5 weeks :wink: :laugh:
  • lprewett86
    lprewett86 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm new to this program, but enjoy reading all of the encouraging posts. I need to lose 92 lbs to be in the healthy weight range for my height. I'm a 24 year old teacher that would love to get the weight I need to be not only for self-esteem, but mainly for a more healthy lifestyle! Any tips, suggestions, etc. would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Thanks! :)
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    Welcome lprewett86, :flowerforyou: just committ to something everyday, do something for yourself...baby steps and you'll see your goals happen before you know it! Posts your concerns here, come for motivation and support...you'll find plenty of it here, everyone is great! Logging foods really help me stay accountable, that and getting the exercise in early so I can't put it off! :wink:

Good Luck, I look foward to getting to know you!
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    Hey gang...SUPER SUPER PALS....your all doing so well with sticking to things, so motivating...thanks for the sticking at things your really motivating me to get back at things!
    Kendal...Power Hugs to you, I imagine you have a lot on your mind and looming over your head....way to bring it with the 2 classes and burning tons of calories and stress away!! 50 #'s is so yours...you have this, way to stick with things when the going gets rough! I'm proud of you!
    Kristina, so your all moved in, how do you like it? Is it everything you hoped for? Way to go walking it to work.....I love that your running so much,, I want to get back into that...( sorry to hear about your little fall...that is so me...I would totally do that too!)
    I think I might try getting up and doing a short run every morning while the weather is nice for the rest of this summer ....hold me to that, atleast I can run thru the week short runs and maybe a longer one with hubby on Sunday.

Lacey, I'm so sorry that your still feeling bad, not being able to breath and allergies is the worst....I hope you get some relief soon!

Victoria...this whole metablolism.....thing...had better work or I will cry, cry, cry.... I noticed this week that I have been feeling the foods that I have been eating, I've allowed myself some breads that I normally wouldn't have and we went for pizza after one of the tourney games and I had 2 slices of taco pizza, had breadsticks another night at the diamonds and then Tuesday I felt like a big ole swollen beached whale....If nothing else, this little experiment has shown me that I feel better when I eat cleaner and today I am back to that...it helped that my garden gave me some wonderful salad greens for lunch!

Hello to everyone else...hope your all doing well!
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    hi ladies! i'm sorry i'm never on, my weight is 193.6 now.. How is everyone? mssg would be better cause I do wanrt to catch up w/ u all!!