Like Minded Lushes - Part 1

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options

Now I'd love to say I'm not drinking until friday too... however my in laws arrive Wednesday morning... which means wine... wine.. oh yes and more wine. Thursday we're also going to Summerfest

You had me at in-laws.

Please! My father-in-law has MOVED IN!!! His house purchase has stalled. He is a lovely man but he does not stop talking about TOTAL CRAP. My husband has conveniently disappeared on a tennis tour....hmmmm
    Yesterday over dinner my father in law read me out the dimensions of every storage facility he could rent and then read the entire history from the storage company's website. At breakfast (he's up at 6am so I cant even have an early breakfast) he gave me a lecture on the history of brass bands...my little girl is only 8 and I swear I could see her gaze shifting to the wine..I want to cry..and drink...A LOT...so

Tonight...cocktails..many cocktails

One of the great things about getting divorced is losing the in laws :smile: well that and having the bed to yourself, I'm an unsociable thing, I love to be able to stretch out, or roll over and find a cool spot :bigsmile:
  • Beastmilk
    Beastmilk Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    No drinking for two days! Victory.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I want wine tonight
    No you don't
    Yes I do
    No you don't
    yes
    no
    yes
    no
    yes
    no no no aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Friday can not get here soon enough.
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Wow. I am impressed by the display of willpower here. I should check in more often, maybe it would rub off. I think I didn't have a drink on Monday, or maybe it was only one, but I had four tonight, one last night. three sunday, four saturday and two Friday! Willpower? F no! My inlaws are a bunch of worthless idiots, but I can't blame them b/c I never see them. Dam, it is summer and I can't help myself. 4th of July this weekend. Buckling back down on Tuesday. That said I have lost a pound and have been staying somewhat within my calories.

SIGH.
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    talked my dh into dinner out this evening. gorgeous weather, (lovely low humidity here in idaho), sat out on the patio

and the malbec was outstanding (oh dinner was good too)

so, i am more relaxed than yesterday, when i was whining that i missed out on something to drink. i just have to be good a couple more days. i can do it.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I find it so much harder when there is alcohol in the house. Currently there's a couple of cold beers in the fridge left from the weekend and it's hard to resist a cold beer when you come in hot and tired after a long day. Being the only adult in the house I think it's easier for me than those of you who have to watch others enjoying a relaxing drink and not being able to join in. Apart from last weekend when the excuse of watching football meant eating pizza and drinking beer I've only been buying myself one bottle of wine for the weekend. My philosophy is if it's not in the house I can't drink it. My 48 bottle wine rack is now completely redundant :cry:
  • alisonengland
    alisonengland Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean...there is something so beautifully balanced about a warm evening (6pm is golden hour for a cold beer or a glass of wine). I think the words Beer Garden are probably amongst my favourite in life...along with Half Price Cocktails...and Champagne Reception...and Free Bar...
    I am going to a ball (cinderella gets to go out) on Saturday. Free champagne, free wine... My kids are mortified as I bought an evening gown on Ebay for 99p! But why waste more, I don't intend to stay at 172lbs for ever (although my plateau feels like an old friend).

I am sorry about your empty wine rack, it sounds so...:sad:

Anyway- yesterday- half a glass of wine! Day before, one glass but I had pulled a calf muscle so was in need...
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Well, I caved on Tuesday and had 3 glasses of wine, but stayed dry last night. We will see what tonight brings. I'm a golf widow for the the next 4 days, stuck at home with two toddler tornados tonight and headed to my out-laws for the long weekend tomorrow.

I'll not be checking in for a while since I'll be on vacay the following week - I'll definitely be indulging!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Well, I caved on Tuesday and had 3 glasses of wine, but stayed dry last night. We will see what tonight brings. I'm a golf widow for the the next 4 days, stuck at home with two toddler tornados tonight and headed to my out-laws for the long weekend tomorrow.

I'll not be checking in for a while since I'll be on vacay the following week - I'll definitely be indulging!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I find it so much harder when there is alcohol in the house. Currently there's a couple of cold beers in the fridge left from the weekend and it's hard to resist a cold beer when you come in hot and tired after a long day.

Ditto!!! If it's in the house, I will guzzle it up
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Well, yesterday I had a break down...2 beers out to dinner and 3 at home...warm beautiful night hanging out in the hot tub with the family and WAM!!!

So, I will definitely have to be good the upcoming days. Goal is to stay under double digits. So sad, the week is not even near over. At least, I refrained Monday and Tuesday.

Katie, glad you enjoyed your malbec

Alison, have fun on your night out!!!

Good luck everyone!!!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Well, all bets are off this weekend! It's the 4th, so I've taken off Friday and have company holiday Monday, and it's also my very first ever 1-year anniversary with my boyfriend!! There's wine chilling in my fridge, beer in his, plus a variety of hard alcohol between our apartments' cabinets. The only limiting factors this weekend will be (1) time, as he has to work some of the weekend (he works on a tourist train in the mountains, and they're doing a fireworks display that passengers get to watch while the train is parked on top of the bridge; he's trying to get me comp tix :wink: ) and (2) money, specifically at the symphony we're (hopefully) catching on Monday at Red Rocks Amphitheater. Free admission and you can bring in stuff, but not alcohol. I'm sure they want to overcharge me for a nice glass of wine, so I might just refrain during the symphony. I am broker than dirt. :frown:

GOD BLESS AMERICA, I AM GOING TO BE DRUNK THIS WEEKEND!! :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Free admission and you can bring in stuff, but not alcohol. I'm sure they want to overcharge me for a nice glass of wine, so I might just refrain during the symphony. I am broker than dirt. :frown:

Um, I know I shouldn't encourage you....but, you could always pack some vodka/lemonade which is easily indistinguishable...spoken from a true alki

Anybody else, have any tricks??
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Free admission and you can bring in stuff, but not alcohol. I'm sure they want to overcharge me for a nice glass of wine, so I might just refrain during the symphony. I am broker than dirt. :frown:

Um, I know I shouldn't encourage you....but, you could always pack some vodka/lemonade which is easily indistinguishable...spoken from a true alki

Anybody else, have any tricks??

Oh, I know the tricks (I went to CU-Boulder after all!) but so do they! Drinks must be factory-sealed, or you can bring an EMPTY water bottle and fill it inside.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I find it so much harder when there is alcohol in the house. Currently there's a couple of cold beers in the fridge left from the weekend and it's hard to resist a cold beer when you come in hot and tired after a long day.

Ditto!!! If it's in the house, I will guzzle it up

^^ THIS ^^ :embarassed:
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options

Now I'd love to say I'm not drinking until friday too... however my in laws arrive Wednesday morning... which means wine... wine.. oh yes and more wine. Thursday we're also going to Summerfest

You had me at in-laws.

Please! My father-in-law has MOVED IN!!! His house purchase has stalled. He is a lovely man but he does not stop talking about TOTAL CRAP. My husband has conveniently disappeared on a tennis tour....hmmmm
    Yesterday over dinner my father in law read me out the dimensions of every storage facility he could rent and then read the entire history from the storage company's website. At breakfast (he's up at 6am so I cant even have an early breakfast) he gave me a lecture on the history of brass bands...my little girl is only 8 and I swear I could see her gaze shifting to the wine..I want to cry..and drink...A LOT...so

Tonight...cocktails..many cocktails

One of the great things about getting divorced is losing the in laws :smile: well that and having the bed to yourself, I'm an unsociable thing, I love to be able to stretch out, or roll over and find a cool spot :bigsmile:

I would agree with that one except that I actually like my MIL better than the EX. We have maintained a relationship (long distance though) and let him go to the crapper.... It is all good either way...
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Sorry for my absence everyone.

I know I mentioned this before, but I am going to start a new message thread called Like Minded Lushes - July 2010. That way everyone can sort of check back in and actually define what their goals are. It will be easier to go back to the first page of that board and find them than read through all of this.

SO......... FOLLOW ME!!!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
  • jendykstra67
    jendykstra67 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I haven't been online lately so I'm behind on the posts. Somebody else may have already posted a link to this study, but I thought it was relevant for our group. Apparently this study shows that if you're trying to lose weight it doesn't matter what type of calories you consume. What matters is HOW MANY calories you consume. So, in our case, it makes no difference (in terms of weight loss) whether you consume 200 calories of grilled chicken breast or 200 calories of alcohol.

Of course, we all know a balanced diet is in our best interest in terms of good health. But if we're strictly looking at weight loss, it won't hurt us to use our calories for alcohol. (According to this study)

I'm having a beer to celebrate!

The link to the study is here: http://health.yahoo.net/experts/weightloss/diet-type-or-calories-lost-whats-best-weight-loss

Jen