P90X

Options
Has anyone tried doing P90X? If so, how does it work for you? Do you need to stick to the DVD's diet plan to loose the weight? Is it hard or easy to stick with? And do you see results fast?

Replies

• fitforever04
    Options
    I did P90x classic after I had my daughter and I went from 169 lbs to 146 and a size 12, to a size 5 (I'm 5'5 and I always look like I weigh less than I do). I did not follow the meal plan I just ate "clean". Over the winter I put on 15 lbs and am now currently re-doing P90x currently, feel free to add me.
  • davep10144
    davep10144 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I didn't follow the diet plan- and I know I would have had even better results if I had. Even without following the diet (but eating healthier) I had great results.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Ive done 3 total rounds of 90 days, the results are amazing!! I noticed changes after 30 days into program. I did not follow the diet but ate clean and that worked well. I used the resistance bands instead of pull up bar and that worked well for me. I will admit that I did the program with my husband and it made it more appealing to stick with the whole 90 days:)
  • Kcapitano
    Kcapitano Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    P90X is definitely a good workout program that you can do at home. It is high intensity and high impact (especially in the plyometrics). You will lose the most weight if you follow the diet and dvds the way they tell you too. For me personally... I get very bored doing fitness Dvds.... I find them repetitive. So I only use them on days I don't feel like going to the gym or just want to do an extra home workout. My favorite videos are the Ab Ripper X and Plyometrics. The yoga dvd in P90 is very boring in my opinion and wayyyy toooo longggg with easy moves. Make sure your form is right when you do the moves and go your own pace. It's good to have as a side workout! :)
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    I tried it and only lasted 2 days lol!! I had to stop because I had a hysterectomy 3 months ago and I was feeling pain related to that. It is tough, not even gonna lie! I think if you can stick to it you'll get awesome results....just a little too much for me yet.
  • FATJAKE5
    FATJAKE5 Posts: 162
    Options
    My daughter and son-in-law have been on it since Thanksgiving. Doing myfitnesspal to track/control their nutrition. He has lost 35 lbs and she has lost 25 lbs. Both very strong and look at least 10 years younger. When they started she couldn't do one pushup. Now she does sets of them. They love it. There is no special equipment required. You go at your own pace 'cause. Like anything else you have to try to do the exerecises. I believe the program changes every 3 weeks so you don't get bored and your body can't become accustomed to the work. She usually snoops on me, so she may send you a note. When you start, you most likely won't be able to keep up, but you will if you keep trying. So, yes it works, and no you do not have to go by the DVD's diet plan. How fast it works is up to you.
  • autopilot_on
    Options
    The yoga dvd in P90 is very boring in my opinion and wayyyy toooo longggg with easy moves. Make sure your form is right when you do the moves and go your own pace. It's good to have as a side workout! :)

I am currently in my 7th week with P90X. I am not following the nutritional guide strictly. I just try to eat clean and stay within my macros. I noticed a lot of change within the first two weeks. It has been a little slower since then but I think it's because I was still adjusting my food to maximize my results. I miss going to the gym, but I'll go back when I'm done. It's an at home workout so you need some discipline there, but as far as sticking with it that's completely a matter of commitment. Make the commitment and stick to it no matter what it is.

I'm not as flexible as Kcapitano because the Yoga absolutely kicks my butt! It is repetitive, but for me (a beginner in Yoga) it's good because I'm getting lots of practice in and improving my form. I hate it but I love it too, because every time I do it I get better and better. I used to not even be able to hold downward dog for more than 3-4 seconds, so I know there's some improvement.

If you're even considering P90X I highly recommend it. I have not lost much weight doing it but the visual changes are pretty incredible.
  • Deloge
    Deloge Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone! Your comments really made it easier for me to decide that I want to do it! :)
  • FATJAKE5
    FATJAKE5 Posts: 162
    Options
    I forgot one important thing in my first reply. My daughter complained of gaining weight when she first started P90X. I suggested she only measure herself for awhile. She had lost inches so she kept going and in 4 months has lost 25 lbs.
  • ramonafrincu
    ramonafrincu Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tmuellenberg
    tmuellenberg Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    P90X is awesome! I've done it several times and have seen great results. I think it's super important to follow the nutrition guide,though. If you don't fuel yourself properly you won't get the most out of the workouts.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,804 Member
    Options
    I did it and love it, I still occationally do the strength workouts.
  • luisannalui
    Options
    P90 x is really hard! So it depends on what you looking to do. For example, I started doing p90 because I'm looking forward to lose weight. Than I'm switching to p90 master after I get use to the work out and routine. So, p90x is more about muscles and getting/STAYING MORE fit, the reason why I didn't do it completely was because I NEED TO FIRST GET FIT :) LOLZ. Good luCK!
  • jazzedorange
    jazzedorange Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 3 of P90X Lean :) and it's hard. This morning I could barely walk BUT I finished the days workout and feel SO much better! I'm not going by the meal plan only eating very healthy and I feel great. I am eating more protein then normal because I am working so hard it. Other then that, no sugars, wheat pasta and lots veggies and WATER! If you want to add me as a friend I can let you know how it is going! But again I am only on day 3 phase 1 so I'm hoping I can get the results that I'm looking for!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    bump cause I am curious about this program