Weight loss has really dropped off--Confused

Options
Ok so I started MFP in August and have lost 25.4lbs, but most of that before January. Since January I have only lost about 3lbs or so although I have upped the intensity of my workouts at the gym and have not been cheating. I am consistently under on my calories for the day and week. My husband thinks it may be an issue with my activity level so he bought me a fitbit zip which I have been using the past week. But it has just added to my confusion. I am a stay at home Mom of two little boys so I have times (like nap time) where I am not very active but then I have times where I am moderatly active. I have myself set on slightly active to balance it all out. But at the end of the day MFP takes away all the "extra" calories that my fitbit gives me. So how do I know if I have myself set in the right activity level? I am getting very frustrated I am 9lbs from my original goal but I feel like I am never gonna get there because I can't really get past this stall. Seems like I should be losing more weight than I am. Anybody have any advice to help move over this stall or understand any of the activity level stuff? Thanks

Replies

• twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Did you up your calories when you upped your intensity / activity?

If not, try to do that.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    The closer to your goal/healthy weight, the harder it is to lose. You just have to keep plugging away at it. Maybe change up your workout, definitely make sure you're fueling your workouts. You may need to just end up with a smaller deficit and go slower as well.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    The closer to your goal/healthy weight, the harder it is to lose. You just have to keep plugging away at it. Maybe change up your workout, definitely make sure you're fueling your workouts. You may need to just end up with a smaller deficit and go slower as well.
    THIS!

Also, you said you're "consistently under" calories...how many calories are you eating? Its possible you've reached a point where you need to try upping your intake in order to keep losing.
  • KristaBarker
    Options
    I am usually about 200-300 calories under my goal I strive to never eat less than 1200 but some days that is really hard. But on average I eat about 1300 cal and my MFP goal is 1570
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I think that's probably your answer. You can get away with routinely undereating when you have a bit to lose. As you get closer to goal, you do need to up calories. Try to be as close to your cal goal as possible.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I think that's probably your answer. You can get away with routinely undereating when you have a bit to lose. As you get closer to goal, you do need to up calories. Try to be as close to your cal goal as possible.

Ditto. With only 9 pounds to lose, your deficit needs to be much smaller. Not sure what you have your weekly weight loss goal set at but it should be at 1/2 pound per week, definitely no higher than 1 pound per week. Try to reach your daily calorie goal. Find good foods to fill in the difference like fruit, veg, nuts, nut butters, seeds, etc.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I am getting very frustrated I am 9lbs from my original goal but I feel like I am never gonna get there because I can't really get past this stall.
  • Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    "I am getting very frustrated I am 9lbs from my original goal but I feel like I am never gonna get there because I can't really get past this stall."

She says she is 9lbs from her original goal weight

Oops Mystic beat me to it :)