One year and 105 pounds gone forever!

Options

Replies

• christy3565
    christy3565 Posts: 349
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouraging words. I'm so glad I'm able to motivate as much as I'm motivated from everyone here :smile:
  • Suzanne106
    Suzanne106 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You look thin now. What do you weigh? Based on your comment you'd have to be around 200 lbs but that doesn't seem right.
  • christy3565
    christy3565 Posts: 349
    Options
    You look thin now. What do you weigh? Based on your comment you'd have to be around 200 lbs but that doesn't seem right.

I'm at 225 right now Suzanne but I'm tall. 5'10". That gives me an advantage to weighing more lol
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    WOW you look fantastic!
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    WOW 225 currently??? you look amazing! I'm only 5'3 so 225 does not look as good on me as it does on you! WTG
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    You look fab and a lot lighter than what you weigh, even at your height x
  • myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    So wonderful!!! A year is going to pass anyway, might as well make it worthwhile :)

Great job!
  • kmaxxwj
    kmaxxwj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    April Fools Day 2012 I decided to try to start eating better. Watch how much I ate, quit snacking so much. Set a better example for my two boys. I was 330 pounds and cringed when I got on the scale that day. I didn't actively exercise, just cut down portions and ate healthier. One month later I got back on that scale and was 310 pounds. Huh, I lost 20 pounds. Let's see what I could do when I really tried!

One year later I'm down 105 pounds. It may be more or less right now, I stopped getting on the scale a couple weeks ago because it was making or breaking my day. I won't let a number set my mood for the day. I've lost 11 inches from my thighs, 16 from my hips, 12 from my stomach, and 7 from my arms. I have a collarbone now. My double chin is gone. I've gone from a size 30/32 to a 16/18. I'm in the gym for 1 1/2 everyday, taking the stairs instead of the elevator at work, and actually running for 2 miles (working up to that 5K).

I'm 25 pounds away from ONEderland. My goal is the reach that by my birthday in August when I am officially in my mid 40s :wink:

I have been on the "diet" rollercoaster for so many years but this time I decided to get off that ride. I realized now I have to forever eat the way I do and exercise is part of my daily routine. I have my off days and the old habits do sneak back in from time to time, but the difference this time is that I pick myself back up and get right back on track.

The support I have here and with my family/friends at home has been incredible. I know I couldn't have done it or keep doing it without that so thank you from the bottom of my heart

What a difference just 1 year can make :smile:

IMG_8036_zps45a96392.jpg
  • time2shine29
    time2shine29 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Congrats on sticking with it. :)
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Great job Cristy. You look great!!
  • smunoz0329
    smunoz0329 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    April Fools Day 2012 I decided to try to start eating better. Watch how much I ate, quit snacking so much. Set a better example for my two boys. I was 330 pounds and cringed when I got on the scale that day. I didn't actively exercise, just cut down portions and ate healthier. One month later I got back on that scale and was 310 pounds. Huh, I lost 20 pounds. Let's see what I could do when I really tried!

One year later I'm down 105 pounds. It may be more or less right now, I stopped getting on the scale a couple weeks ago because it was making or breaking my day. I won't let a number set my mood for the day. I've lost 11 inches from my thighs, 16 from my hips, 12 from my stomach, and 7 from my arms. I have a collarbone now. My double chin is gone. I've gone from a size 30/32 to a 16/18. I'm in the gym for 1 1/2 everyday, taking the stairs instead of the elevator at work, and actually running for 2 miles (working up to that 5K).

I'm 25 pounds away from ONEderland. My goal is the reach that by my birthday in August when I am officially in my mid 40s :wink:

I have been on the "diet" rollercoaster for so many years but this time I decided to get off that ride. I realized now I have to forever eat the way I do and exercise is part of my daily routine. I have my off days and the old habits do sneak back in from time to time, but the difference this time is that I pick myself back up and get right back on track.

The support I have here and with my family/friends at home has been incredible. I know I couldn't have done it or keep doing it without that so thank you from the bottom of my heart

What a difference just 1 year can make :smile:

IMG_8036_zps45a96392.jpg
  • kmaxxwj
    kmaxxwj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is amazing!! Very inspirational. Slimpossible!!!:wink:
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I know you'll make your goal. You look great.
  • smunoz0329
    smunoz0329 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I forgot to reply !:) LOL
    Great job..I love the reading everyones success stories .I will have one soon !
  • LisaH1967
    LisaH1967 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! You look absolutely amazing. So proud of you, such a beautiful lady!
  • moodyshannon15
    moodyshannon15 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow! Such a great and inspiring story!!!
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!!!! You look great!! ::happy:
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Congrats you are doing great! Keep up the good work
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    You are doing wonderfully well!! Congrats!!
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    WOW.....you are inspiring me to really get busy. I've been a slug for way too long!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!