Your favorite healthy snacks?

Options
I've come to realize that I LOVE snacking. A tablespoon of peanut butter here, a cheese stick there. I'd love to hear some of your favorite "go-to" snacks! A few of mine include pomegranate cereal (I take apart a pomegranate and eat it like cereal, spitting out the seeds) a table spoon of peanut butter, dark chocolate chips and my moms home made granola bars :)

Replies

• NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Omg, so I have recently took a thing of plain greek yogurt (the single serving ones) it was 80 calories. I mixed in some dill and garlic powder seasoning...then I had these Special K crackers in the house and it is like 30 chips for 100 and something calories...A-mazzzingggg!!!!
    This will now be a go to snack for me!
  • edencrannon
    edencrannon Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love snacking too!!! Mine aren't healthy... Chocolate buttons, or a spoonful of Nutella on rich tea biscuit! Yum or strawberries dipped into Nutella... Oh no, I'm off for some now :))) xx
  • abadmum
    abadmum Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love pink n whites.. they are my weakness... less than 2% fat and only 50 cals each.. so ummm healthy in a way..

If I feel I want to be oober healthy I will have 50g of dried apricots and 50g of prunes..
  • becktoriatralala
    becktoriatralala Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Omg, so I have recently took a thing of plain greek yogurt (the single serving ones) it was 80 calories. I mixed in some dill and garlic powder seasoning...then I had these Special K crackers in the house and it is like 30 chips for 100 and something calories...A-mazzzingggg!!!!

Yummmm! I always knew you could use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, but never thought of using it to make individual dips! Oh, the possibilites!

I have used the 80 calorie vanilla Greek yogurt and mixed in a 90 calorie Fiber One brownie, all smooshed up. That right there is a little piece of heaven.

I like edamame. I buy the bags that you can steam the pods in. I also recently found steamable bags of the beans without the pods! So much easier. I do add some salt though....but I don't really add salt to any meals, so I suppose its okay!

And its also fun to say, edamame. :smile:
  • Bigal5565
    Bigal5565 Posts: 12
    Options
    celery w/ natural peanut butter or greek yogurt with granola
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    string cheese, bowl of cheerios or all bran cereal, a low calorie sandwich, special k pop corn chips, bowl of fruits (bananas and strawberries chopped up) the list goes on.
  • bbylaura22
    Options
    Celery with peanut butter, special K corn chips, greek yogurt. Why have I not thought of these things myself?! Ideas I will definitely be using :)
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options

Yummmm! I always knew you could use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, but never thought of using it to make individual dips! Oh, the possibilites!

I have used the 80 calorie vanilla Greek yogurt and mixed in a 90 calorie Fiber One brownie, all smooshed up. That right there is a little piece of heaven.

I like edamame. I buy the bags that you can steam the pods in. I also recently found steamable bags of the beans without the pods! So much easier. I do add some salt though....but I don't really add salt to any meals, so I suppose its okay!

And its also fun to say, edamame. :smile:

Omg...the Greek yogurt and the brownie! Yum...and I know! I have already been thinking about what dips I can come up with!!!
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I <3 fruit. Major snacking on Pineapple, Watermelon an Bananas. :) They keep the sweet cravings down. Also do the greek yogurt with salsa fresca pop chips