Breakfast

Options
Need some ideas for breakfast. Am currently eating eggs and oatmeal.

Replies

• SanDiegoCasey
    SanDiegoCasey Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have 3 breakfasts most days :D first is muscle milk in a shaker, then workout, then post workout smoothie in the blender, frozen strawberries, banana, wheat germ, flaxseed, glutamine, spiralina, vanilla whey, ice and water, then for my real breakfast a bit later rolled oats (oatmeal) with frozen blueberries, flax, wheat germ, and chocolate Whey protein .. yumm.

Then on the weekends, I make a (whatever ya got) scramble.. Always has eggs, onions, garlic, bell peppers, mushrooms, baby spinache, then some kinda meat, turkey bacon, left over pork, steak, or chicken if I have it, finished off with salsa and a lot of fage to substitute for sour cream. Also Yumm!
  • RockinRobinnn
    Options
    Eggs & fruit
    steak & eggs
    canadian bacon and eggs
    more eggs
    eggs with peppers and onions
    veggie omelette
    i love eggs.
  • SmashliT
    SmashliT Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bbbbbbbacon!
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs most days. Either hard boiled, scrambled, in an omelet, or I make "egg in a basket". I like to have any of these with a side of fruit whenever possible. If I am pushed for time like I was today, my go to is a slice of bread with a tablespoon of peanut butter smeared on it and folded in half. It's a quick fix, but it still gives me protein, carbs, and healthy fat.
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I've recently started having porridge oats made up with water and then I cook berries into it to give it a flavour/sweetness. My favourites are blueberries but blackberries and raspberries are also really good. I also add raisins and sometimes granola. You could pretty much add whatever you wanted though!
  • derek2680
    derek2680 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love the Jimmy Dean Breaksfast Delight Sandwiches. Wheat english muffin, egg whites, turkey sausage or canadian bacon, and one piece of cheese. 250 cals each. They are delicious and 2 of them is very filling. They are also very convenient. They come in a pack of 8 so that pretty much lasts me the week. Not that I have them every morning.
  • simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Smoothie with fruit, spinach, almond milk and protein powder
    Eggs with onions, spinach and peppers
    Kashi cereal with almond milk
    Oatmeal with chopped up dried apricots
  • helmsara
    helmsara Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    On weekdays when I have to work, I eat two slices of wheat toast with peanut butter and one cup of 2% milk about 20 minutes after I wake up. Then I take a bit more food to work with me. Usually a mix of the following: greek yogurt, almonds, laughing cow cheese wedge, pita chips, banana, and other fruits. I drink water with my breakfast at work. So, overall, my weekday breakfasts are eaten over the course of three-ish hours.

On the weekends, I usually eat eggs, oatmeal, or I treat myself to crepes. I just try to have a good mix of carbs and protein to get me going.

You don't have to eat traditional breakfast foods for breakfast!
  • DAMETRE
    DAMETRE Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Turkey sausage and two boiled eggs.
  • BoaterBabe
    BoaterBabe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Steamed kale & egg skillet
    Frittata veggie muffins (make a full batch, hold & nuke when I need a fast breakfast)
    Layered fruit, cereal & yogurt parfaits
    Savory crepe wraps
    Quinoa with dried fruit & rice vinegar dressing (hot or cold)
    Smoothies
    ...and my favorite, leftover vegetables from the previous night's dinner. LOL
  • Wantingtolose1
    Wantingtolose1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Most days I have oats with half a banana and blueberries in it. If I'm particularly hungry I might also have a smoothie but that is rare. I'm the type of person that craves the same things day in day out