Plateau Help... ? Anyone?

Options
I workout 6 days a week. I alternate the level of intensity of my workouts, sometimes its a long hard run, other days just lifting weights. I do pilates, yoga, weight lifting, running, walking, HIIT, kettle bells, and just about everything you can think of. A few weeks back I plateaued out at 138 and hovered there on a 1200 calorie diet. So then I upped it to 1400 and I am down to 136 and once again just hovering. I DO measure myself and I am building muscle but I know there has to be something to give. I can lose inches and gain muscle but eventually I have to start losing more fat too…. I am at 27% BF. Does ANYONE have any advice? Things I should be doing..?? I know my diet isn’t the issue.. unless maybe I need more protein? I average about 95 g a day. Any advice would be GREAT.

Replies

• BrittanyAnnL
    Options
    btw I am 5'6
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're already at a healthy body fat % and weight. What is your goal weight? I'm only an inch taller than you, and my goal weight is between 137 and 140 as of now. How long have you been at a plateau? Upping your calorie goal can make you temporarily gain some water weight, so I would just give it more time. It sounds like you're doing everything right. If you search "plateau" on the message boards, there are some other threads about it.
  • kmcosgrove115
    kmcosgrove115 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Ensure you know your TDEE - then less out 20% - you may still need to eat more then 1400 a day - read this post I put up:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/931670-bmr-and-tdee-explained-for-those-needing-a-guide
  • violinkeri
    violinkeri Posts: 212
    Options
    I'm only an inch taller and my GW is 140...I still have 22 lbs to go but I eat around 1600 (close to TDEE-20% except I round bc i like nice even numbers).
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Figure out your TDEE and eat at a 20% cut....even closer to 10-15% cut if you don't really have much left to lose.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    How tall are you and what is your GW?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Eat your exercise calories.
  • rmbslo
    rmbslo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If your profile picture is current I think you look amazing and like your at a healthy weight now!
  • BrittanyAnnL
    Options
    Thanks guys, I have 5-10 more lbs to go. I have a small frame and would prefer to be 125-130. I have realised its probably BF% I wam wanting to reduce. I still have plenty of it hanging around. I want the muscles I have worked so hard on to show. I remeasured last night and my BF is down to 26% so I am on the right track. I want about a 20% BF.