Flat pancake bums?

Options
Having a small butt isn't such a good thing when it comes to fitting clothing..
I have started doing squats as per of this 30 day challenge i heard of and i also run 5 times a week.

Has anyone got any results of their journey to getting a more lifted perkier butt? :)

Here's mine currently.. I hope this link works

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss158/V1BR8AXT/Sideandback.jpg

Replies

• angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    p90x has helped a lot with my butt. there are a lot of different squats in p90x.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Heavy squats and fat loss will make it more prominent.
  • xcmum
    xcmum Posts: 136
    Options
    Hmm can't really do heavy squats without going to the gym or buying weights.. I only have hand weights :(
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    heavy weighted post parallel squats, deadlifts, hill running, plyometric jumps and fat loss to slim the thigh area since tht makes it look like there's a bigger difference between where your butt meets the back of your thigh.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Hmm can't really do heavy squats without going to the gym or buying weights.. I only have hand weights :(

So go to the gym ;)
  • TillyNix
    TillyNix Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I also have this problem and doing different variations of squats and lunges has lift things up for me :happy:
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options

What sizes? I use dumbbells, but I had to get lifting straps to use the 40lb dumbbells to do squats. My legs and butt are always going to be stronger than my hands and arms. :laugh: But, anyway, you can work your way up quite a bit with dumbbells, if you have heavy enough ones. Eventually… I'm just going to have to get a rack or cage or something. I don't like going to the gym, myself.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options

Look up Bulgarian split squats. Also glute bridge, lunges, hill sprints.
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    Squats, wall sits, bridges, lunges, kettlebell swings, and the list goes on.

I have a flatass but I just keep working on it and every once in awhile I look in the mirror and I'm happy with the changes.
  • ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    You dont have to lose weight to make your butt more lifted. I had the flat butt syndrome too but doing squats,deadlifts,lunges,step ups, bridges-without having to use heavy weights my butt is much lifted. You can use high reps and also high steps to make it harder. No gym necessary-have fun!
  • xcmum
    Options
    Thanks for all your suggestions i am going to try as many as possible and post results in a month to see what worked :)
  • xcmum
    Options

So go to the gym ;)

Can't take the children to the gym unfortunately.
  • jenndymond
    jenndymond Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Running helped mine. Im also doing the 30 day squat challange!
  • xcmum
    Options

Look up Bulgarian split squats. Also glute bridge, lunges, hill sprints.

Oooooooh those Bulgarian split squats look good!!!
  • xcmum
    Options

That's good to know! I've only been running for 2 months now.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

That's good to know! I've only been running for 2 months now.

Funny how we are all different - I literally ran mine off! Squats and all the variations are what I have begun to get it back.