What does Hummus taste like?

Options

Replies

• Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I like it but only if it is strongly flavored (garlic and roasted pepper are my favs). The consistency did take some getting used to.To me it's like slightly grainy peanut butter. I use it as a dip to force down my veggies! :glasses:
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Good? Hmm not sure how to explain it. But I love it :)
  • VegetarianGoddess
    Options
    Tastes yummy! :love: Although, not all of them taste alike. Right not I am eating the Fresh & Easy Classic hummus and I LOVE it, before I was eating the Sabra Classic but that one was thicker and din't have as much taste.
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    chickpeas and heaven
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    it's real easy to make; I leave out the tahini paste to make it a bit healthier; you can play with the taste by controlling how much garlic & lemon juice you put in,
    delicious
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I LOVE hummus, it tastes like...hummus.

I don't like store bought crap however, I make my own or ill get it from a restaurant who makes their own. I find the store bought stuff usually has a lot if lemon in it which gives it a weird zing.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Yummy goodness! :D
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    heaven in a bowl

tastes a lot like chick peas with garlic, optional other flavors

if you don't like chicken peas or don't have them
    you can make the same recipe with white beans
  • ktdidit78
    ktdidit78 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My husband loves it. I personally think it's gross. It makes me gag. Sadly i'm not joking either.

Ditto here - my husband and I both gag with it. Texture, flavor... IMO it has nothing going for it.
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Pure freaking deliciousness!!!! I tried it for the first time just today and O.M.G!!!! I bought the Sabra roasted garlic and snacked on it with Stacy's Parmesan garlic and herb pita chips. Yummy! I made a post on Instagram earlier too. You should try it!
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Use it instead of mayo on sandwiches. Mayo is now my substitute when there is no hummus to be found.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Although Sabra is "good" it is nothing in texture or flavor of a Mediterranean place. Mmm some warm falafel wrapped in a fresh fired pita dipped in hummus and babaghanoush. Mmm
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    It depends on what flavor of hummus you buy. Its delicious, just buy some.

This! Or better yet.... just make some.
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    There's nothing I can think to compare it to. I'd say it's a bit like dry, savoury clouds made of roasted chestnuts and avocados, with a whisper of bitterness, and garlic and lemon all running through. Like, it's SO GOOD.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Delicious.

I like roasted red pepper and extra garlic.

Nom Nom Nom
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Yummy. Especially with bagel chips.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    have you ever had bean dip. start with that idea for the texture, only it has a more subtle flavor like garlicky usually, and it has a nice thick dippable texture that is at once creamy and satisfying. more hearty than avocado, more smooth than refried beans, more delicious than all of them. start with the best highest priced, highest rated original version and eat it with soft pita bread for the purest experience. whenever trying something new go with the best of it's kind. then start experimenting with flavors, different dippers, or even lower fat versions...but try the best of it's kind first, so you know the standard. it's so yummy. hummus. mom brain. Yummus!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Sabra supremely spicy hummus mixed with tuna sounds really weird but tastes amazing
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Although Sabra is "good" it is nothing in texture or flavor of a Mediterranean place. Mmm some warm falafel wrapped in a fresh fired pita dipped in hummus and babaghanoush. Mmm

Omg I get this falafel plate from this place here called Holy Falafel and its so friggin fantastic
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    It's good! Almost like a real mild "refried beans" taste... but not even quite that strong. It has a neutral flavor, but definitely there are a lot of varieties. Garlic, roasted red pepper, etc. I love hummus and pita chips. GREAT snack!