Looking for people who've lost MASSIVE weight

Options
2»

Replies

• Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Massive is a bummer of a word, but I guess it applies! I didn't do anything crazy, in fact I tried to choose a way of eating and living that I enjoyed and felt like I could do forever without feeling punished or tortured. Begin as you mean to go on, as they say. So I went moderate instead of going for fast. I made room for treats I liked and threw out the all or nothing perfectionist thinking I used to do. So if I messed up one meal or one day, I just restarted right away, no guilt or self-punishment. I eat holiday meals and enjoy them without thinking of calories, but the rest of the day is normal and I'm back to it the next day. I go out with friends and on those occasions I do try to be mindful, but I don't avoid living my life.

Treat this as learning how to live in a better way rather than as a means to a goal-weight body. And don't focus on the long term, it'll drive you nuts.
  • BrennLinn
    BrennLinn Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    BTW. User "kazzsjourney" is awesome! Follow her example!

Comparison4smallest.jpg

I started in 2010 by stopping drinking soda. I continued by practicing portion control. I started counting calories last year. I've been on MFP since Nov 2012 (I don't know why it displays Jan 2012) and I'm loving it. In 2010 when I started, I was somewhere over 390 lbs (upper left hand photo), by this year January, I was mid 280's (lower right hand corner). I'm 272 lbs now. Shooting for 220 lbs. You can do it, dude. :)

You are so awesome! Great job on your weight loss, and thanks for being such an inspiration!!
  • kellyjkaylor
    Options
    I have lost 55 lbs in 6.5 months, just counting calories the first few months lost about 25-30, now I love exercise and am down 55 total, it is all about a lifestyle change and you have to be ready, if your mind is not in it, you will not be successful! I wanna lose about another 19 lbs..I got this, life is good and I feel fantastic. My pic is my progress!
  • iceman7840
    iceman7840 Posts: 110
    Options
    What is considered "massive?"
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have lost 91 pounds in the last 14 - 15 months. My profile is not private and if anyone wishes to see the pictures, there are some there. I just do this one day at a time and now it has gotten to be old hat. I feel bad if I don't exercise for a day. You can do it too...for sure if I can you can!
  • BorgieMN
    BorgieMN Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    250 pounds lost. You can read about it at www.borgiesjourney.com Keep going AJL, it is so worth it!!

beforeafterab_zpsaa43f017.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!