burned every calorie eaten!

Options
I have burned every calorie eaten. Is this dangerous and like eating nothing? Should I eat back what I burned?

Replies

• kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Long term, this could be a problem. For just today? Eat if you're hungry, and don't if you're not.
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    tumblr_lyium2H06w1rn95k2o1_250.gif
  • LindseyAlyssa
    Options
    simple answer: yes.
    you're giving your body nothing to run on if you just burn everything off.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Long term, this could be a problem. For just today? Eat if you're hungry, and don't if you're not.

What she said....
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Um yes this is dangerous. You already burn like 2000 calories a day, and then to eat and then burn all that off...its like eating nothing.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    eat-all-things.jpg
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    So your net calories for the day is zero? That's equal to your car being out of gas.

MFP is set up so that your daily goal has you at a calorie deficit without exercise - meaning if you ate to goal every day and did zero exercise, you'd lose weight. When you burn cals through exercise, you create an even larger deficit, which is actually counterproductive to weight loss, and leaves you with zero fuel at times, like today. That's why MFP adds those exercise cals to your daily goal when you log them - they expect you to eat them back.

Goal means goal, and food is fuel - eat too little on a regular basis and your metabolism will eventually slow down, and your body will want to store fat rather than burn it.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lyium2H06w1rn95k2o1_250.gif

:laugh:
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m4tbxblKkJ1qa7yzy.gif
  • chooselove
    chooselove Posts: 106 Member
    Options