Scotland/UK People?

Options

Replies

• dollylohaze
    Options
    Hey! Im from Manchester, although I'll be up in sunny kirkcudbright for a week next week! Also doing 30DS, are you seeing results? How's it going? I started dieting when I got diagnosed with celiac's, because the condition had been scuppering my weight loss efforts for years. So now I'm making up for lost time :)
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Hello from East Lothian, congratulations on your progress so far :) I love having fellow Scottish friends so feel free to add me.

I have reached my goal but continue to log to maintain and support my awesome friends.

A :)
  • Danny0950
    Danny0950 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm from Manchester and have lost 17ibs in total so far. Most of that has been thanks to insanity. Feel free to add me.
  • Paulinefrew69
    Paulinefrew69 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi I live in Uddingston, just outside Glasgow. I have been on MFP since January but been trying to loose weight since last July and have now lost a total of 53 lbs. Only another 53 or so to go! I too still blame the weight on my daughter, now 14, so this excuse is begining to wear a little thin.
  • claire671
    claire671 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hey! Im from Manchester, although I'll be up in sunny kirkcudbright for a week next week! Also doing 30DS, are you seeing results? How's it going? I started dieting when I got diagnosed with celiac's, because the condition had been scuppering my weight loss efforts for years. So now I'm making up for lost time :)

Hello!

Yes I'm seeing results with 30DS, not so much in terms of weight loss but I have dropped 1.5inches under my bust and 2 inches from my waist in the first 7 days. I measure and weigh myself on a Monday. It is a great workout as it is only 20 minutes and I can work this around when my baby is asleep. Sorry to hear about your coeliac disease, I was just tested for this but turned out to be good ol' IBS. At least there are some great gluten free products available now.
    30DS is in YouTube now, you should have a wee watch!
  • claire671
    Options
    I'm from Manchester and have lost 17ibs in total so far. Most of that has been thanks to insanity. Feel free to add me.

How have you found Insanity? I would really like to progress to this after 30DS.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I live in Glasgow--hello. :drinker:
  • mich1902
    mich1902 Posts: 182
    Options
    Another Glasgow gal here. Add me too if you want. Been faffing around for too long but made a pledge to be a good lass from the beginnning of this month. Also started the 30 day squat challenge. Check it out on the fitnes board.

Michelle
  • billie_2013
    billie_2013 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm from outside Glasgow!
    Married but not yet mummy!

Finished the 30DS 2 weeks ago, great results, and now I'm trying to stick to ripped in 30 5 days a week while learning to run with Couch to 5k once/twice a week!

I'm french and I moved to the uk for my studies (I'll be in the country 3/4 years), my husband works in Glasgow/Edinburgh.

Feel free to add me, I'd love some more scottish friends!
  • beebop85
    beebop85 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I am from East Kilbride near Glasgow, would love more UK friends (the Americans are great but there food is so different than ours lol) good luck to everyone :)
  • thebzax
    thebzax Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm also from edinburgh! Live in a variety of areas here (complicated living arrangements haha) but would love to be added by any of you guys! Trying to lose a lot of weight and really improve my fitness :)
  • longarmedmonkey
    longarmedmonkey Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking that I am the furthest South, in Bristol. However I did live in Aberdeen for nearly 5 years. Good luck to everyone. It would be great to add up figures in a month or so to see now much less weight is pushing down on the UK.
  • susancrawford73594
    Options
    hi im 43 from just outside glasgow i am desperately trying to lose some weight before i go abroad in july. I have been heavy for as long as i can remember i have tried EVERY diet going. I started with my fitness pal on monday and i am doing ok so far. I really like the fact that you can scan products its so easy. Feel free to add me. Good Luck everyone.
  • claire671
    Options
    I'm thinking that I am the furthest South, in Bristol. However I did live in Aberdeen for nearly 5 years. Good luck to everyone. It would be great to add up figures in a month or so to see now much less weight is pushing down on the UK.

Great idea! Keeps everyone motivated too. I think I'll probably eat far better now I know I have you lot snooping on my food diaries :)
  • BlackEyedPanda
    BlackEyedPanda Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am now in London but lived in Glasgow for 6 years, may be moving back to Scotland, probably Edinburgh, next year. I frequently visit Glasgow still.

Feel free to add me! Actually, please add me anyone, I would like to have more friends in here :)
  • RoseThePenguin
    RoseThePenguin Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm from Inverclyde (Scotland). I'm on day 4 of p90x as well, but have lost 34lbs over the last few months on here. Feel free to add :)
  • Nicks_scotland
    Options
    Also in Scotland, up in the Highlands. Enjoying the sunshine even though it's still bitterly cold. Roll on spring/summer!

Anyone feel free to add me, log every day (although don't check the last 4 days as mucho badness). :p

:)
  • lyndyloolaa
    lyndyloolaa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi there :) I'm currently living in Oxford and have lost a total of 1.5 stone before joining this site a couple of weeks ago. Decided I needed to get to grips with my food issues and so far, so good!
  • collyermum
    Options
    Hi

I'm from the North East and although I've had MyfitnessPal for a while I've only just discovered these message boards.

I'm planning to start Turbofire this week. I'm a SAHM to 4 kids, my youngest are 6 and twins. They keep me busy but not enough to lose the weight. I'd like to lose about a stone.