To go or not to go???

Options
Hi everyone. I did a serious weight and strength training class yesterday and now I am really sore. Do I push through and do Zumba today or do I take the day off? I am afraid of risking injury. What say you, MFPers?

Replies

• rayvynn5374
    rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Are you in pain or just sore? If just sore go, if pain then take some time off.
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    id say if you sore dont push through keep it slow today maybe go for a nice walk but dont over exercise
  • jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    If you do go, make sure you warm up properly (maybe a 10mins on one of the cardio machine)
    JC
  • Blondie251975
    Blondie251975 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I would do something light today. The quicker you start moving those muscles again, the quicker you will break down that lactic acid build up that is in the muscles causing the soreness. I would go light though, maybe a walk, some stretching, and another walk. This will lessen the risk of injury, and help get your muscles back to work out hard again! Great job!!! :) PS...my legs are killing me for the second day in a row after a KILLER workout!!! :bigsmile:
  • SquidgySquidge
    SquidgySquidge Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I don't enjoy exercise when I'm too sore, therefore I don't give it my all.

I would give Zumba a miss but maybe do something else less strenuous - could you go for a swim?
    Or if the weather is nice, a walk is always good.

Obviously a walk will burn a fraction of the calories that Zumba will but it's better than doing nothing at all :smile:
  • nornyb
    nornyb Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It's really a personal choice....I would go. If it is too much for your body you can always leave the class and do something different.
  • fp64
    fp64 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body. Take a nice long walk instead