I'm in single digits!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• supersarah14
    supersarah14 Posts: 170
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! id love to be that way and have that happen!! what secrets can you share about this??? What did you do or didnt do!!! :))

ahhhh I am soo happy for you!!!

Thanks Julie! So my biggest contributor is running. I've been running A LOT! In addition, I've been keeping myself at 1300 cals and I've been trying to eat clean. I'd say 75% of my diet is raw, unprocessed fruits and veggies and about 15% are lean protiens and whole grains. The other bit is stuff like salad dressings, pudding cups and the occasional piece of candy :blushing: . Of course I'm not perfect and there are days when a can of soup is just so much easier and that cheeseburger looks sooooo much tastier...but those days are few and far between.

I've learned that my diet has never been bad. Yes it's been more processed, but calorie wise it was pretty spot on. It turns out that if I want to lose weight and stay at a smaller size I HAVE to exercise. Some people its the other way around but not for me.
  • alittlebird
    alittlebird Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome job.
  • JulieSue
    JulieSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options

Thanks Julie! So my biggest contributor is running. I've been running A LOT! In addition, I've been keeping myself at 1300 cals and I've been trying to eat clean. I'd say 75% of my diet is raw, unprocessed fruits and veggies and about 15% are lean protiens and whole grains. The other bit is stuff like salad dressings, pudding cups and the occasional piece of candy :blushing: . Of course I'm not perfect and there are days when a can of soup is just so much easier and that cheeseburger looks sooooo much tastier...but those days are few and far between.

I've learned that my diet has never been bad. Yes it's been more processed, but calorie wise it was pretty spot on. It turns out that if I want to lose weight and stay at a smaller size I HAVE to exercise. Some people its the other way around but not for me.

soo what types of fruits are you eating??? I have been told that the fruits are high in sugar and are good for you!!! I have a major problem wth eating!!! or overeating...I dont eat ALL that bad but its like ugh!!! also like so u just eat raw veggies!! which ones...I am now trying to start running I am starting wh the couch to 5k program...I am on week 2...what things do u do for running????

thanks for sharing with me and again congrats on ur accomplishment!!!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options

Way to go girl!! Its great to see success stories like this! Its a great example of how this is really a lifestyle change, not a "Diet". You are doing wonderful!!
  • juliajodoin
    Options
    Good for you! I was a size 7/8 in grade nine I think, and by the end of hs I was a wopping size 16!!
    I am now currently wearing a size 12 and can't wait to join the single digits again.

again congratulations to you!!!

keep it up!!
  • mrsyatesy
    mrsyatesy Posts: 173
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That's amazing & shows such dedication - enjoy your new wardrobe!!
  • supersarah14
    Options
    [/quote]

soo what types of fruits are you eating??? I have been told that the fruits are high in sugar and are good for you!!! I have a major problem wth eating!!! or overeating...I dont eat ALL that bad but its like ugh!!! also like so u just eat raw veggies!! which ones...I am now trying to start running I am starting wh the couch to 5k program...I am on week 2...what things do u do for running????

thanks for sharing with me and again congrats on ur accomplishment!!!
    [/quote]

I eat a lot of berries! :smile: YUMMY! They have the most antioxidents and honestly....they're my favorite! I know that they have a lot of sugar but its all natural. Not all sugar is created equal! And since I exercise daily and don't eat a lot of processed food I don't really worry too much about my sugar. As for veggies...salads, baby carrots, zuchinni, cucumbers, bell peppers, shredded broccoli (I don't like it whole...weird huh?)...basically anything.

And I try to run 20 miles a week. I know it sounds like a lot but honestly just getting my heartrate up for at least 30 min is my main goal. I just like running the best. :wink: I'll give you an example of my daily menu...

Breakfast: 1/2 homemade wheat waffle (They're belgium waffle size), black coffee
    Snack: 2 cups of fruit (usually rasberries, black berries and blueberries)
    Lunch: BIG salad. My fav is 2 cups spring mix, a whole bell pepper and the preshredded rainbow mix in the bag. It's usually with the veggies for slaws. It has shredded carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage in it. Plus poppyseed dressing and an ounce of feta cheese. (Can't forget your dairy!)
    Snack: 1/2 cup of fat free plain greek yogurt. Great source of protein!
    Before workout snack: Sweet potato. It gives me the energy that I need for my workouts and keeps me full. There is nothing worse than feeling hungry during a 4 mile run! I usually eat 2 hours before I run.
    Dinner: 4 oz baked chicken, 2 cups of veggies, 1/4 c. brown rice. Usually if I do cook my veggies this is the time I do it. Sometimes I just want warm food. :smile:

Plus I do 45 min of cardio a day.

Like I said...I'm not perfect, but this is my goal per day. If you have any questions feel free to send me a message! I know how difficult it can be in the beginning. It's taken me over a year to get to this point. But if you want it bad enough then it's worth it!

Thanks again!:flowerforyou:
  • supersarah14
    Options

Way to go girl!! Its great to see success stories like this! Its a great example of how this is really a lifestyle change, not a "Diet". You are doing wonderful!!

:blushing: Thanks!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm super jealous. :tongue: Congrats, girly!!!
  • hipsgalore
    hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    congrats, am I the only one who could watch that banana dance all day?
  • JulieSue
    JulieSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    SuperSarah!!!

thanks soo much for sharing everything with me!!! :)) I am soo glad u shared what u eat each day!! and I am going to try hard and you are soo right!!! and when I was working hard last september I ate kind of those same things!!! thanks for all your support and your help!!! :))

do you run 4 miles and do 45 mins of cardio every day????
  • supersarah14
    Options
    SuperSarah!!!

thanks soo much for sharing everything with me!!! :)) I am soo glad u shared what u eat each day!! and I am going to try hard and you are soo right!!! and when I was working hard last september I ate kind of those same things!!! thanks for all your support and your help!!! :))

do you run 4 miles and do 45 mins of cardio every day????

LOL! Heck no! I can run 4 miles in about 45 min so that's usually my cardio on the days I run. However, if I only run 2 miles I hop on the eliptical for 20-30 min too. Just to make up for the time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!