tattoos and possible weight regain!

Options
2»

Replies

• de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    i had better not refer to the wife's tattoos as 'tramp stamps' i would be sleeping on the sofa for a long time!!--still not heard of recommendations for colourings on a fairly white englishman--we never see the sun!!
  • kangababy
    kangababy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have 5 and the only one that looks funny is the one on my hips! I got it befor EI had kids and gained alot during the pregnacies! It is an owl on my left hip and due to the stretch marks he look like he has grey hairs. The ones on my back ar good but I am wondering if they will look funny if I loos weight though they shouldn;t really be affected.
    i know my exhusband got one when he was 18 and worked out all the time with big biceps and once he lost taht musle it was all squeenced up and smaller. you couldn't really tell the detail. I think the best place ison your back because that normally doesn't change as much.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I have one on my neck/back and it was not painful at all - you can see it in my profile pix. The one on my forearm/inside wrist and elbow by far was the most painful I've experienced. I do want to get a tat on the palm of my hand, but heard that it's super sensitive...
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Mojogurl-your tattoo's are very pretty! Yea I think once I reach my goal weight a neck tat will be my reward :)

As for colors to use--when I got my tattoo years ago I was told that yellows and oranges don't really show up all that great on lighter skin.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    someone asked about what happens to tattoos when you lose weight but i am wondering what happens to a tattoo you get when you are thin and heaven forbid ever gain weight--i am considering one as a reward for getting to my target weight--must add i am 47 and wonder if old skin is 'nice' with new tats--my wife loves tattoos and i am becoming attracted to them--she has 6!

I had a tattoo of a phoenix on my person when I was slim years ago, when I put on some weight, it got plump - twas quite amusing actually - if I got really, really, skinny it would probably end up looking like a raggedy old sparrow or something :laugh: