Replies

• DocGilbs
    DocGilbs Posts: 4
    Options
    This person is my hero.
  • KJoy7
    KJoy7 Posts: 246
    Options
    PEANUT BUTTA JELLY TIME! PEANUT BUTTA JELLY TIME! Peanut butta jelly! Peanut butta jelly! Wher'ya't?! Wher'ya't?! Peanut-butta-jelly-peanut-butta-jelly!

PEANUT BUTTA JELLY WITH A BASEBALL BAT!

I can do this all day.

I adore you and Peanut Butter :) hahaha
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I say fine in moderation. One of my regular snack options is a slice of bread with a light spread of peanut butter.
  • LillyBoots
    LillyBoots Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've switched to almond or cashew nut paste, healthier and tastier. As people have already said the natural peanut butter is good for you. All the others are just loaded with trans fat, sugar and salt.
  • CupcakesAndRazorblades
    Options
    Eat almost a 1/4 cup a day. Love it. especially these...

DSC_0098.jpg

some of those sound amazing!
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    PEANUT BUTTA JELLY TIME! PEANUT BUTTA JELLY TIME! Peanut butta jelly! Peanut butta jelly! Wher'ya't?! Wher'ya't?! Peanut-butta-jelly-peanut-butta-jelly!

PEANUT BUTTA JELLY WITH A BASEBALL BAT!

I can do this all day.

I was wondering if someone was going to go there.

I eat natural peanut butter daily. It's good for you and filling.
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I love Peanut Butter. I normally buy the natural kinds but the last time my husband went to the store he bought Skippy and by the time I realized it my son had already opened it. So I have been eating that lately but only 1tbsp. each day.
  • jay11284
    jay11284 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My favorite peanut butter is the Trade Joe's Crunchy one. The ingredients are simply Peanuts and Salt.

A few people have also mentioned it, but looking at the ingredients is important.

Here's the ingredients in Creamy Jiff: ROASTED PEANUTS AND SUGAR, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: MOLASSES, FULLY HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OILS (RAPESEED AND SOYBEAN), MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, SALT.

Why add sugar if you don't need to? It's also important to note that "Reduced Fat" peanut butter often has added sugar and salt, so just buy the regular, natural kind!
  • perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I make my own. Sometimes I leave it plain, sometimes I put honey in it. When I want a mix up I make almond butter.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I eat it because it's yummy and an easy way to get fat into my diet.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter has always been a comfort food for me. Now though, I limit myself to a tablespoon at a time--sometimes on crackers or in oatmeal. Sometimes just lick it out of the tablespoon! I make sure it doesn't have extra fats or sugars in it. I'm interested in trying PB2. Can't find it locally yet, so will have to order some, but first want to research just what it contains. Anyone else know what all's in it?

The label says made with roasted peanuts sugar and salt. I use it daily and love it!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love it! :love: I just eat it in moderation. Usually a tablespoon with an apple or 1/2 of a banana as a healthy snack or on a multigrain english muffin. It does pack in some calories though so I only eat it a few times a week.
  • samattie
    samattie Posts: 3
    Options
    I LOVE peanut butter. I'm not a huge meat eater--not against it, it's just not something I eat a lot of--but I tend to crave peanut butter, presumably for the protein. It's weird, but the taste also just makes me happy. Reminds me of childhood, I guess.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I make my own. Sometimes I leave it plain, sometimes I put honey in it. When I want a mix up I make almond butter.

How do you make your own???
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    agreed with everyone it is full of healthy fats :) if you go the natural kind - remember though peanuts are NOT NUTS they are legumes

and because I'm Paleo I can't have it soooo I go with Almond Butter haha
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    PB2 with chocolate. in my smoothies, in celery, in sandwiches... yum!
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I LOVE peanut butter and work it into my plan daily (especially stirred into steel cut oats). I only buy the natural varities.

I do the same thing. Natural PB in oatmeal is delicious. Yummmm
  • mommytoaiden
    mommytoaiden Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter. And my PT always tells me that fat is better than sugar so I don't mind eating it.
  • awesomechelsea
    awesomechelsea Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    PB2 has proven to be a good source of peanut butter for me. It's delicious when added to chocolate protein shakes!
  • P90XBowler
    P90XBowler Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I try not to touch it because if I do I won't stop eating it. It triggers huge binges for me. I'm an all or nothing kind of person, moderation and I just don't get along.

And I thought I was the only one.. I couldn't of said it better myself, I'm like that with most sweets actually!