You're beautiful

Options
"It doesn't make sense to call ourselves ugly because we don't really see ourselves. We don't watch ourselves sleeping in bed, curled up and silent. With chests rising and falling with our own rhythm. We don't see ourselves reading a book, eyes fluttering and glowing. You don't see yourself looking at someone with care inside your heart. There's no mirror in your way when you're laughing and smiling and happiness is leaking out of you. You would know exactly how bright and beautiful you are if you saw yourself in the moments where you are truly beautiful." Author Unknown

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oofSnsGkops

"You're beautiful, you're beautiful, you're beautiful it's true"
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options

THANKS JAC. Freaking earworm. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    You are my inspiration today Shannon! Cause I know you are beautiful!
  • ShannonS2714
    ShannonS2714 Posts: 135 Member
    Options

One more that you'll have in my head forever :grumble:

:flowerforyou:
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. My handsome man tells me I'm beautiful all the time and all I can do is shrug my shoulders and say he's blind. What a wonderful way to see things in a different light.

Edited to add: I'm going to post this on my FB, thanks again.
  • ShannonS2714
    Options
    You are my inspiration today Shannon! Cause I know you are beautiful!

I love you, Beth :heart:
  • ShannonS2714
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. My handsome man tells me I'm beautiful all the time and all I can do is shrug my shoulders and say he's blind. What a wonderful way to see things in a different light.

I do the same thing....and someone told me once that it was disrespectful because I was telling him essentially that his opinion was wrong and didn't matter. I don't say it anymore. And, reading this made me look at things differently, too :smile:
  • JGainingHealth
    JGainingHealth Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this - great perspective :) I am another one who disregards my husband when he tells me I'm beautiful, and I'm trying really hard to stop. It doesn't do anyone any favors to disregard and downplay your natural beauty!
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    My husband does not agree. Hence the dirty looks when he sees me getting dressed or undressed. It's difficult to rise above the rotten feelings that stem from that.
  • ShannonS2714
    Options
    My husband does not agree. Hence the dirty looks when he sees me getting dressed or undressed. It's difficult to rise above the rotten feelings that stem from that.

I'm not sure I understand....his dirty looks or yours?

I certainly hope that they aren't HIS....you are beautiful and he should make sure you know it every second of the day!
  • McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options

Next time he does that, just smile sweetly, tell him that YOU know you're beautiful... and kick him in the f&*^ jaw.

Violence is always the answer, always.
  • ShannonS2714
    Options

Next time he does that, just smile sweetly, tell him that YOU know you're beautiful... and kick him in the f&*^ jaw.

I like you.
  • EmmaReed84
    EmmaReed84 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    That statement is so true!!

A friend of mine and a family member got married (not to each other) anyway, my friend had the traditional photographer putting people in their places and making them smile, it was a lovely day and some lovely photos.

The family members photographers told the bride and groom to mingle properly with everyone and to leave the rest to him. There were comments all day about how there were no "traditional" photos and some people got annoyed... The end result.. Some of the most amazing wedding photos I have ever seen, capturing the moment, the REAL smiles, the REAL laughter, the REAL love, they were truly beautiful.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options

I like you.

LOL! Why did this make me think of the "Lockhorns"? LOL!
  • FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options

I like you.

Can I be the first to through this out there, you're gorgeous. **** him. Not literally. He doesn't deserve that.
  • EmmaReed84
    EmmaReed84 Posts: 263 Member
    Options

I like you.

Can I be the first to through this out there, you're gorgeous. **** him. Not literally. He doesn't deserve that.

*just spat out my coffee laughing* (some even came out my nose!)
  • Healthy67Chick
    Healthy67Chick Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! This is so true - I hope everyone reads this!
  • FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    Options

I like you.

*just spat out my coffee laughing* (some even came out my nose!)

Throw* pardon me while I correct my own spelling.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    OP, your post is both wonderful and troubling at the same time. It saddens me that enough people would consider themselves ugly that they'd need such a quote. I'm as female as the next lady and usually my own worst critic, but I don't think I've ever considered myself ugly. I'm just less than perfect. And, being the anal perfectionist that I am, it took me a while to be okay with that. I mostly am okay with it now though. Mostly.
  • jenniferrusso7393
    jenniferrusso7393 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    What an a**!! You are better than that!