Okay, this is SO random, but...

Options
pushyourself14
pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
... I can't stand the feeling of cotton balls in my hands. I don't know why; it just bothers me soo much haha. I hate them. Similarly, I cannot handle how it feels to chew on string. Yuck lol. Anyone else odd like this? :)

Replies

• dezcast
    dezcast Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Question... why would you chew on string?
  • Sharla_G
    Sharla_G Posts: 72
    Options
    She's trying to overcome the cottonball in her hands sensation by chewing on string. A common technique.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    What.
  • dezcast
    dezcast Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    What.

My question too... I just dont get it. If you don't like the feel of either, don't touch them?
  • swimmer_chick
    swimmer_chick Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I so agree! They're kind of squeaky.. I'm hoping you know what I mean
    And with the string thing, I remember years ago in school, a friend of mine used to chew on her school jumper sleeves, same kind of thing right? Okay maybe not.. :sick:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    seriously i'm getting goose bumps thinking about it lol.
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    ... I can't stand the feeling of cotton balls in my hands. I don't know why; it just bothers me soo much haha. I hate them. Similarly, I cannot handle how it feels to chew on string. Yuck lol. Anyone else odd like this? :)

Cottons balls, erghffg!
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Calm down :) ... It's not like I said string-chewing is a national sport. I've seen people chewing on their hoodie strings, and every time I do, it makes me cringe. I am glad I'm not the only one who thinks this, though. :)
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I despise cotton balls :sick: .
    Touching them makes me feel nauseous..just thinking about them gives me goosebumps :ohwell:
  • MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    Options
    thank god i dont have cotton balls!
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    cotton-balls.jpg
    ir50cb7df5.jpg
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    What.

My question too... I just dont get it. If you don't like the feel of either, don't touch them?

^this^
  • highheeldiva01
    highheeldiva01 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    cotton-balls.jpg
    ir50cb7df5.jpg

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA soooo funny and sooooooo mean hahahhahahhaahhaha
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Ok you have cotton balls in your hand and string in your mouth?? Hmm...sounds like you need a new bf :P
  • GnomeLover1984
    Options
    Me either. It is disgusting. Even thinking of it makes me shudder.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Me either. It is disgusting. Even thinking of it makes me shudder.

Did ya maybe wanna come over and grab a cotton ball sometime?
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    No, but sometimes I like to chew on cotton balls...

.... I think I have PICA
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I can add to the thread that as a younger person, I had plenty of these. Yes, cotton, paper towel, etc. My daughters have a few now. You get less sensitive to goose bumpy things as you get older. Sigh. It's a bit of a metaphor.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I hate when my goat gets loose and decides to fly around my house.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I shudder whenever I think about the feeling of cotton or tissues (like thick kleenex tissues) between my teeth, particularly between my molars. Either the idea of chewing it, or the dentist shoving cotton in my mouth...

UGH, I'm getting goosebumps just writing this!!!

Been this way since I was a kid, still don't know why. Maybe a traumatic orthodontist visit, I remember they had to break my upper jaw in half and force it apart before they put braces on me. I have no memory of the pain, but it had to have been excrutiating (based on what I remember *afterwards* it was agony then too) so I think I blocked out the experience. I don't t believe they knocked me out for it, no memory of feeling drugged or groggy or waking up confused, etc. I was only 9 or 10 years old. Matches up, roughly, with the sudden onset of my cotton-ball fear.